SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just a couple notes on mounting accessories.
When I bought my 1201FP, I found several warnings about the weight of accessories negatively affecting function, due to the recoil action.

As far as mounting a light, some people mount a piece of rail to the aluminum shroud in front of the forearm.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue, what is the method used to limit the mag tube? I can't see in pics any external crimp or dimpling that prevents the follower from going past. Is there a ridge or some other constriction machined on the inside? Thanks.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's a crimp around the circumference of the mag tube, about three inches or so back from the muzzle.

You cannot see it in photos of the assembled shotguns, because there's a tubular metal sheath that slides over the outside of the front of the mag tube, between the handguard and the retaining cap.

Here's a quick shot of what it looks like with the cap and sleeve removed. Now you can see the crimp around the mag tube.

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue. I found a place online that has 1201 mag tubes, but can't tell from the photo if it's crimped like this one.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired one of the 18.5" ghost ring sight versions from this batch offered and I've been quite pleased with it. The condition is mechanically very good, cosmetically good, with some scuffs and minor scratches, but definitely not beat up.

Took mine out yesterday for the first range visit and brought a long some #8 bird shot, buckshot and slugs to test fire. All 3 types ran through the gun w/o a hiccup from the shoulder and at the hip. Buckshot and slugs do kick like a mule, so I'm thinking the Mesa Urbino w/ limb-saver will be in my future, but the flawless functionality is worth the beating! I like it so much that I'm thinking I might need to pick up another one, maybe the 20", though I do like the ghost ring sights. At the price paid, even as a parts gun it would be worth it. All in all, a great deal that i am very happy with!

Posts: 116 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
These really are great deals aren’t they? I’m probably going to get an Urbino stock as well but I will probably skip the limb saver. I’ve been shooting low or managed recoil slug and 00 buck for awhile with the Benelli M1 and the Beretta shoots them reliably as well. Now it only kills on one end.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After coming to the conclusion I would never find an M1 PGS I purchased the Mesa Tactical version seen in some of the pics on this thread. And of course, wouldn't you know it a really nice looking M1 PGS shows up on the AR15.com classifieds for $50 shipped! If anyone's looking, it's still available but who knows for how much longer with that price!

Posts: 116 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Ah too bad they won't sell to non LEO Frown, oh well.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of any great deals on the Urbino stock at or under $100? Looking for the best deal.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Does anyone know of any great deals on the Urbino stock at or under $100? Looking for the best deal.

I've seen a couple used ones on eBay and the AR15.com classifieds recently for $100 or less, but they went quickly.

You can get a new one from MountsPlus for ~$130 shipped, using the coupon code back on Page 2.

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

I've seen a couple used ones on eBay and the AR15.com classifieds recently for $100 or less, but they went quickly.

You can get a new one from MountsPlus for ~$130 shipped, using the coupon code back on Page 2.

I ordered from mounts plus using this information and received the stock a few days later. Definitely a good deal as it came with the limbsaver and check rest. Very pleased with the service and the stock!

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I finally went and picked it up today.

It looks great. Going to do some grinding now before I put on the Urbino stock.

I reused the sling it came with. The front sight still glows a little.

Eta
I didn’t grind on the bolt. Want to shoot it first to make sure it works. I’m also going to swap in a Benelli M1S90 bolt and see if it will ghost load.

Eta again
Probably should have tried it first before adding the stock.

Worked fine with regular power loads.

Will not cycle low recoil buckshot.

Any tips from the group?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve read that they get better with low recoil loads after you break them in with full power ammo.
Mine seems to function fine with Federal low recoil flitecontrol #1buck.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I figured whatever department had them would've broken them in. I have some Federal flitecontrol somewhere. I will try those. I just tried it with Winchester low recoil buckshot since we have a bazillion of those.

I did try it with an M1 Super 90 bolt assembly and I still couldn't get mine to ghost load so I'll give up on that. I'll try the flitecontrol buckshot tomorrow morning. I ran full power buckshot and slugs through it with no issues. I think we have low recoil slugs too, I'll try those as well.

I've got time, my daughter's 16th birthday is next month and this is going to be a gift for her. Gotta get it to work with the low recoil stuff or she can't shoot it.

And our flitecontrol is not reduced recoil.

Dang. Time to order some.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Mine and my fathers both run perfectly with low and managed recoil 00 buck and slugs

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ok, it works fine with Federal flitecontrol low recoil buckshot.

It still doesn't work with Winchester low recoil buckshot.

Both say 1145 fps, but for some reason the Federal works just fine.

Not minority enough!

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’ve used Federal (I’ve fired all of the federal rounds so can’t remember the particulars but was either low or managed recoil 00 buck and slugs 2 3/4”.) Remington managed recoil 2 3/4” 00 buck and slugs both at 1200 FPS. I’ve also successfullly run Rio 00 Buck low recoil 2 3/4” at 1200 FPS.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Revisiting this thread since I took the shotgun out to a class. It functioned perfectly over 4 days and about 600 rounds. I cleaned it before the last day as the bolt was getting sluggish but it still hadn't malfunctioned, even with the low recoil loads.
I did add the Nordic M1 handle, after the class since I found that I could catch my thumb on the ejection port, with the stock handle.
I also added the Limbsaver pad to the Choate stock. What a difference!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bumped into this post while i was exploring getting the Mesa Tactical Urbino Pistol Grip Stock.

I noticed everyone is getting the M1 for their 1201 FP..... but there is an available 1301 version.

Will that NOT fit better than the M1 version? or is that basically the same product but labeled separately?

I also saw a picture of the M1 version sticking out on the top...is that still an issue? or is there a work around for that?

So, im about to order this but wanted any new info before i pull the trigger...

i also got the taran oversized safety...and will be getting the enlarged charging handle...

which is better...Nordic or Daves Metal works?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 11 | Registered: August 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post