SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Update: they didn't have the bolt pictured. They sent me a refund.
Maybe I will try the above tricks, with a grinder.

Bruce

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

--Leonardo da Vinci

Posts: 2643 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a couple notes on mounting accessories.
When I bought my 1201FP, I found several warnings about the weight of accessories negatively affecting function, due to the recoil action.

As far as mounting a light, some people mount a piece of rail to the aluminum shroud in front of the forearm.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 191 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue, what is the method used to limit the mag tube? I can't see in pics any external crimp or dimpling that prevents the follower from going past. Is there a ridge or some other constriction machined on the inside? Thanks.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 608 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's a crimp around the circumference of the mag tube, about three inches or so back from the muzzle.

You cannot see it in photos of the assembled shotguns, because there's a tubular metal sheath that slides over the outside of the front of the mag tube, between the handguard and the retaining cap.

Here's a quick shot of what it looks like with the cap and sleeve removed. Now you can see the crimp around the mag tube.

Posts: 20610 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue. I found a place online that has 1201 mag tubes, but can't tell from the photo if it's crimped like this one.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 608 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired one of the 18.5" ghost ring sight versions from this batch offered and I've been quite pleased with it. The condition is mechanically very good, cosmetically good, with some scuffs and minor scratches, but definitely not beat up.

Took mine out yesterday for the first range visit and brought a long some #8 bird shot, buckshot and slugs to test fire. All 3 types ran through the gun w/o a hiccup from the shoulder and at the hip. Buckshot and slugs do kick like a mule, so I'm thinking the Mesa Urbino w/ limb-saver will be in my future, but the flawless functionality is worth the beating! I like it so much that I'm thinking I might need to pick up another one, maybe the 20", though I do like the ghost ring sights. At the price paid, even as a parts gun it would be worth it. All in all, a great deal that i am very happy with!

Posts: 94 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
These really are great deals aren’t they? I’m probably going to get an Urbino stock as well but I will probably skip the limb saver. I’ve been shooting low or managed recoil slug and 00 buck for awhile with the Benelli M1 and the Beretta shoots them reliably as well. Now it only kills on one end.

Posts: 4813 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post