SIGforum
The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1430044934

March 22, 2018, 10:40 AM
GarandGuy
The Beretta Gods smiled upon us! Some 1201 goodness inside...
I really do enjoy my job.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?
March 22, 2018, 10:44 AM
Bigboreshooter
Do you think they would miss just one? Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

March 22, 2018, 10:48 AM
parabellum
Made in the same factory as the Benelli shotguns IIRC. My Benelli Super 90 functions flawlessly. I bought it in 1988 and it has never malfunctioned. I wonder if this Beretta matches that performance.
March 22, 2018, 12:57 PM
RichardC
I'm sure no one else is wondering how 48 previously-owned, nearly identical 1201's just show up in your basement, but I am ...

March 22, 2018, 02:06 PM
Dwill104
Had a Beretta FP1201 long ago, but didn’t have it long. Had a Benelli M1 and M3, which I preferred. The Beretta was OK,but thought the Benellis were better. On thing I remanded was that the Beretta tubes were fixed at 6 rounds, and due to the tube design, you couldn’t just add an extension. The Benellis used screw on extensions , so you got 7 in a Benelli (technically up to 9 if you had one in the chamber and ghost loaded another on the carrier IIRC). Also, the Beretta was light weight, so it kicked more than the Benelli.
March 22, 2018, 03:52 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I'm sure no one else is wondering how 48 previously-owned, nearly identical 1201's just show up in your basement, but I am ...
likely a batch of LEO turn ins...
March 22, 2018, 04:48 PM
GarandGuy
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
likely a batch of LEO turn ins...

You are correct sir. LE Agency trade in's. Just getting them in the books.

March 22, 2018, 05:03 PM
rat2306
Need help? Wink
March 22, 2018, 05:50 PM
So, when are you going to list them in the Classifieds? Smile

Q

March 22, 2018, 05:53 PM
RNshooter
"Poor man's Benelli", which is why I have one Wink

I love mine.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken
March 22, 2018, 06:08 PM
So, what is the difference between this and the 1301 Tactical? Obviously, I'm uninformed.

Q

March 22, 2018, 07:00 PM
Dwill104
The 1201 was inertia operated, like the Benelli. The 1301 is gas operated.
March 22, 2018, 07:55 PM
Rolan_Kraps
I want one!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
March 22, 2018, 08:06 PM
ceptor781
Can the safety be switched to lefty easily?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."
March 23, 2018, 12:17 AM
Rawny
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Can the safety be switched to lefty easily?
It can be done, but can't speak to degree of difficulty. I had mine reversed by Brad at CCR. Didn't cost me an arm and leg though... Cool
March 23, 2018, 07:49 PM
PGT
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I wonder if this Beretta matches that performance.

yes, indeed.
March 23, 2018, 08:00 PM
Rolan_Kraps
So ARE they for sale?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
March 24, 2018, 08:40 PM
amd6547
A few years ago, Robertson Trading Post had a batch of Beretta 1201FP’s said to be Detroit PD surplus.
They had pics of all of them on an auction site, and I looked at a bunch before I picked one out that looked pretty new.
When I shot it, I found the straight butt stock to be a bit too long. Plus, it just has a hard rubber buttplate.
I replaced it with the Choate pistol grip stock, which worked much better for me, and has a decent recoil pad.
Later, Limbsaver brought out an Airtech pad to fit the Choate stock. The recoil reduction on the lightweight 1201 has to be experienced to be believed.
I’ve never shot birdshot in it, so I can’t comment on how it works with low power rounds...but it has been faultless with everything from low recoil buck to full power buck and slug.
As far as the inability to add mag extensions, eight rounds (including 1 ghost loaded) seems plenty for me.
It shoots semiauto very quickly when needed!
BTW, I think I paid $475 about five years ago.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough
March 26, 2018, 10:24 AM
GarandGuy
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
So ARE they for sale?

They are for sale. Per our company policy we sell to public safety customers active and retired. This includes military customers active, retired and honorably discharged. As this is not the classified section you can email me at austin@lawmens.com for more information.

April 01, 2018, 06:39 AM
sybo
1201 FP, The gun that kills on both ends....... I am NOT recoil sensitive but that gun HURT! At least mine did and I sold it. Solid shotty though!!