SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10/22 Take-down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10/22 Take-down Login/Join 
Picture of argolfer
posted
My integral suppressor for a 10/22 TD was just approved, so I need to get a 10/22 TD rifle. I really only need the receiver though. Does anyone know where to just get a TD receiver?

I see several that are stainless receivers, but not as many black/blued receivers. Since the integral is black, I really want to go with a black receiver.

Also, I can't seem to find the the Magpul stock for the TD. Anyone see them for sale?

Posts: 4292 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm unsure if the TD receiver is different from the normal 10/22, but the general consensus with regard to the regular 10/22 is it's about the same price to buy just the receiver (GunBroker mostly) as it is to purchase the base whole rifle and just keep what you need.

When you say you only need the receiver, do you also need, the bolt, trigger, etc.?

A quick check of Midway shows they have the X-22 stock available in some of the colors.

Posts: 153 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a stripped 10/22-TD receiver from Gunbroker for my custom build. It wasn't cheap though.

Posts: 61 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
FYI, the pink ones are pretty cheap if you decide to buy a full one (under $250). Although I think they're stainless too unfortunately.

Posts: 588 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I don't know how I missed them, but I did find the Magpul stock.

snipes - The TD receiver is different than the regular receiver. I would be okay if it didn't have the bolt, trigger and CH, but it would be fine if it did come with the

kilyung - That looks really nice. Is that a standard stainless receiver? Any thought of changing the color? It looks good, I was just wondering your thought.

JBird - I did see those, and considered going that route.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Buy a stainless one and have it Cerecoted, and I agree it's cheaper to buy the whole thing and sell what you don't want.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 8581 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I just found a black 10/22 TD receiver on GB. I had never seen one before. Thanks for the suggestions Smile

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Dude...I'd love to trade my black one out for a stainless version.

I picked mine up on a whim when I saw a sale....a week later I saw the stainless version, and instantly regretted getting the black painted aluminum one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagon, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.GreatLandMissions.org
www.GLVS.org

Posts: 12201 | Location: On the Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
My integral suppressor for a 10/22 TD was just approved,

Where did you get this? I was looking at one for a standard 10/22 at a LGS the other day and asked him if there was one available for the TD. As usual, they had no info for anything other than what was on the shelf and very little of that as well.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Big River Leather
Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
http://www.bigriverleather.com/

Posts: 11955 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
For the TD fans, Magpul just announced their X22 Backpacker stock.

It's the takedown stock, and the barrel end attaches to the butt, and under the cheek rest is storage for 3 mags or a box of ammo and a mag, and the forearm can swap on a rail.

THAT is a 10/22 TD package to get me into another rifle.

Images from SoldierSystems.net

Posts: 5186 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
And all of a sudden... I hate my current magpul TD stock.

I done blowed it up real good.

Posts: 4300 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That stock is too cool. While my standard 10/22 serves my needs this may sway me into getting another

Posts: 1877 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
And all of a sudden... I hate my current magpul TD stock.

Yeah...I just got their hunter stock for my Takedown a day or two before magpul announced that backpacker. Dammit Magpul. Making stuff I want all the time

Posts: 2588 | Location: WA | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
AK - I would normally prefer the stainless, but since the suppressor is black, I wanted a black receiver.

BRL - It's the Gemtech MIST TD. I bought it from Capitol Armory back in March.

That stock is pretty cool. I may just get another TD with a threaded barrel and get one of these stocks. Can you really ever have too many 10/22's? Smile

Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.

My credit cards are getting warm for some reason....

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

Posts: 14858 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
It took a bit of patience to find a 10/22 stainless tactical (factory threaded barrel) and black stock, but then I felt a butler creek folding stock would make an even more compact package if it was SBR'd ... To that end I managed to find a 10/22 pistol also with a black stock, unfortunately I haven't gotten around to SBR-ing it ... I like the idea of a suppressed barrel too!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 3868 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Those look nice Kimber. I planned on doing the Mist integral suppressor on the 10/22 TD and then SBRing a standard 10/22 with a threaded barrel.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

kilyung - That looks really nice. Is that a standard stainless receiver? Any thought of changing the color? It looks good, I was just wondering your thought.

Yes, I used the standard stainless receiver to build that rifle - it's my tack driver. I also have a black 10/22 Takedown receiver. It's almost as accurate as the other.

I've been contemplating some changes. Now because of this thread I just ordered another Magpul X22 stock (FDE). I'll probably setup as follows: 1) silver receiver + VQ barrel + fde Magpul stock, 2) black receiver + stock barrel + blk Magpul stock.

Posts: 61 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Tactical Solutions. They now sell a TD receiver for the 10/22.

I've been waiting for them to sell these separately. They are pricey.

Posts: 218 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post