SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do triggers hold their value?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do triggers hold their value? Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
I would appreciate some help in determining a fair price to sell a bolt action trigger.

My target rifle came from the factory with a Trigger Tech Diamond 700 trigger. I dislike curved triggers (I think I want to put another Xtreme Mod 22 in there; I really like the one in my 308), and I have a friend asking how much I want for the old one. My normal starting point would be to price it at the cost of the replacement, but seeing as A) the trigger is used and B) the replacement is about $50 more than the TT I don't feel right about asking that.

Looking at the TT site I see the one I have retails for about $275. This one is used, but "gently" so (I only have about 300 or so rounds through the gun in total). It functions, quite honestly, perfectly.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trigger Tech generally holds 20% off sales on Black Friday and 4th of July. I bought a TT Special on sale last month, and I bought another last year in July. TT's sales are pretty widespread, and thus I had my options of retailers.

I personally would not pay more than 80% of list for even a lightly used TT. Used gun parts just don't command the price of new ones.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That is the kind of information I needed.

I try to take depreciation into account when setting a price, I just want to make sure I'm setting it fair for both sides.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:

Ditch the Xtreme 22 trigger group idea.
(CG/XTreme 1st stage SUCKS)
(Xtreme lost the rights to manuf for a reason)

Have over 50K rounds on Extreme triggers, love them. To each his own!

Extreme also makes the competition two stage trigger for Accuracy International. Friends have that trigger in their AX's, great upgrade. My friends don't think his triggers suck also Big Grin

Lost the rights to manufacturer? Details?

I know Extreme started making the CG-Jackson/Robert Chombart designed two stage trigger many years ago here in the US. Chombart was unable to import them into the US from Great Britian for some reason.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wholesale on that trigger is about $218. Minimum advertised price is about $275.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
Op,
3/4 cost of the TT trigger group would suffice.
Ditch the Xtreme 22 trigger group idea.
(CG/XTreme 1st stage SUCKS)
(Xtreme lost the rights to manuf for a reason)

Invest in a BixnAndy Competition or Tac Sport that is available either single stage or 2 stage & don't look back.

Yeah...I've already got one and love it. Hell, I've got it swapped into the target rifle. It already had 3-4k rounds on it from my R700 in 308, now it's going to go on the 6.5 Creedmoor for the foreseeable future. I still need to field test it, but I have complete faith in it, and it does exactly what I want. I will be purchasing a replacement for it to go in the 700. That is and always was the original plan.

As to selling the TT, I decided to do a 1-for-1 swap for the moment, then once I buy the second Xtreme the TT is going to go on the shelf as a backup.