SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    IWI announces a TAVOR in 308
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWI announces a TAVOR in 308 Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
That's The possibility being reported by The Firearm's Blog from the picture on IWI's website.

Color me intrigued. I love my Tavor.

linky

edit to add: sorry the picture is tiny. all other embedded photos from both TFB or Facebook were freaking huge. Check 'em out on the link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PorterN,

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool, hopefully it will have an adjustable gas system. And I'd appreciate it if they started selling replacement rail covers for the x95 before anything else. Hell if you really want to get me excited sell aluminum front ends for the x95..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It will be .300 Blackout, not .308 NATO.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
It will be .300 Blackout, not .308 NATO.

I figured that would just be a barrel change kit though. They promised that from the beginning, IIRC. But hey, the new look in the pic of the adjustable gas system with the SAR look, but X95 controls. I like it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, the .300 Blackouts are a separate release.

IWI confirmed the .308 Tavor today.

quote:
Yesterday we posted a "teaser" on our new TAVOR 7 and your response has been huge!
Many of you have asked several questions about this new model. We will attempt to answer some of them here:

Specifications:
• Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
• Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16" barrel; 1:10 with 18" barrel
• OAL: 26.75" with 16" barrel (without flash suppressor)
• Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
• Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
• Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green
Features (muzzle to butt):
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
• Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
• Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o'clock when removed.
• Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
• Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
• Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
• Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
• Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
• Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
• Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.

Ambidextrous Features:
• Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
• Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 45 degree rotation (unlike 90 degrees on our SAR and X95).
• Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.

Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.

Price: TBD

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my owners manual for my x95 it states that the gas system adjustment is under the top rail, in front of the rear sight a bit. There is a slot to stick a tool or maybe even a cartridge tip in to change it. I was going nuts trying to find it until I realized that I missed the part where it said for .300 blk only. I got the rifle a month or two before the election

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
No, the .300 Blackouts are a separate release.

IWI confirmed the .308 Tavor today.

Oh!!!!
I did not know this.

One guess as to my next firearm purchase...

Thanks! ☺

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
entire feature list is very appealing. ill bite.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how it will compare to the Desert Tech MDR? The MDR appears to be super, but the company has some large MIL orders and the MDR keeps getting delayed.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they ever release the MDR I'll be the first to buy one and compare

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Desert tech is a different story. I want one of their bullpup rifles. The one i held at the gun store was $9000 as configured.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Put me down for One! I like my X95 and Jerichos, this one ought to be a whole lot of rock n roll in a little box!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Me like. Luvs deem 308s going off right there next to me cheeks. Big Grin

Who knows? Maybe this will cure me of my SCAR Heavy infatuations.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is very tempting! So much power in such a tight package. I'm totally guessing that the price might be $2000 - $2300. If < $2K, IMI will have a great product for the money.

I'd won't buy it unless if spare parts are available for it, but that's just me.

These are good days for us as firearms owners.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They better hurry up and get this thing out before the MDR comes, if it ever does..