SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have experience with an AR15 Hiperfire Hipertouch EDC single stage trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with an AR15 Hiperfire Hipertouch EDC single stage trigger? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Inquiring minds would love to know. Smile

And which weight did you install to go with? 4.5 or 5.5 pounds?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put one in my Colt AR15A4. Easy install and nice improvement over stock trigger. I went with the 5.5 lb spring. The rifle is just a range toy and I shoot a fair amount of steel cased ammo.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
sw4566,

Appreciate the response.

I had been looking at the ALG ACT (Para's fav) and similar. The ALG site had the Act for $44.85 shipped but was out of stock (it's available again now https://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html) when I spotted the Hiperfire EDC, normally $89 or a tad less on sale for $56.99 (with military discount at JoeBob) plus shipping. I had read/viewed reviews on it, concluding it was a significant step up from the "tweaked/refined" mil-spec triggers like the ACT. So I placed an order. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
BTW I too intend to go with the heavier 5.5 lbs which seems the best weight to use here for home defense / patrol rifle style usage.

And for those interested, this is a very good video if a tad long. Shows installation and perhaps more importantly functioning:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...DqX0nhM_feNw&index=1

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Not that particular model but their competition triggers are excellent.

A very smart design that reduces pressure on the sear engagement.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah their 24 series gets a lot of praise. That said the EDT reflects many of the same design and engineering features of its more expensive siblings.

I installed the heavier 5.5 lb over the lighter 4.5 lb spring as the overwhelming consensus for home defense and patrol rifle single stage trigger is a trigger weight >5 lbs.

Take up is all but completely gone as it is barely detectable. You're basically at the wall from the get go having to apply pressure to fire. Release is crisp with minimal overtravel. And reset is short, quick, and audibly crisp. That video I cited above starting around 14:50 shows the trigger activation and reset up close. Worth the look. Smile

The stock trigger was probably somewhere between 7 and 8.5 lbs pull. Had a bit of take up, a touch of overtravel, and a slightly longer reset. It also had just a hint of grittiness which I'm sure would have eventually gone away. Really minor stuff to be honest; for a GI trigger not bad at all. I could have lived with it no doubt. The EDT is simply much more refined. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I just bought two more. I have G2S's as standard in my guns and think I'll slowly start swapping out on some

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I have the EDT2 in my 9mm AR with the 4.5# spring and the 24E in my 5.56 - Very nice triggers!

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post