SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    U.S. Palm AK Mag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Palm AK Mag? Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
I found a good deal on some U.S. Palm AK mags, I have heard good things about them, does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

How do they compare to the Gen3 Magpul AK Mags?

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I've heard both good and bad, but never tried them. Be advised, though, US Palm is out of buisness so there'll be no returns or customer service.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...08/07/us-palm-shuts/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
If they are the AK30R "Range" mags, they don't have the reinforcements either, they are the cheaper version from US Palm.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a few and they work fine, but like the early Magpuls without steel in them I would never trust them for anything serious.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local shop had them for 30 bucks a pop, nice looking mag, but why pay that amount of money when you can buy cheap reliable steel mags for 10 bucks a pop. If you're getting a killer deal they may be worth buying otherwise I would stick with steel mags.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can find the AK30 (non-R) mags - grab them. They are A-1 legit, reliable and work with every AK I have ever seen.

They are unfortunately out of business as posted earlier, but the whole metal vs. polymer argument has no more merit than the same comparison with handguns. (other than price)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its all about price and what you shoot them in.
I've several guns that are not AK's (556R for example) that hate them (and the magpuls and even the circle10's).
At 10 each I'd be happy to buy them, at $30 like in the above post not a chance. So if the good deal is way less than a decent alternative mag have at it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 10-pack for just over $10.00ea.

I figure they should be good enough at that price, and if not they are at least good range mags.

http://www.surplusammo.com/pro...e-black-10-pack.html

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
Got one never used it but damn they are ugly!

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
ditto hrcjon

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I bought 1 AK 30 magazine to try in my Arsenal SGL 21. It did not fit. I took a file to the rear lug and it fits like a champ. 15 bucks a pop.

quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
If you can find the AK30 (non-R) mags - grab them. They are A-1 legit, reliable and work with every AK I have ever seen.

They are unfortunately out of business as posted earlier, but the whole metal vs. polymer argument has no more merit than the same comparison with handguns. (other than price)

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I've heard both good and bad, but never tried them. Be advised, though, US Palm is out of buisness so there'll be no returns or customer service.

Bummer. Didn't know that. I prefer their AK grip to Magpul's.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Century Arms bought US Palm.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Bummer. Didn't know that. I prefer their AK grip to Magpul's.

The grips are still available through TangoDown. They are from the same original molds.

US Palm still sells grips, but since the company changed hands, not sure if they use the original molds, or re-created them.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Century Arms bought US Palm.

Most US Palm mags available now come from Century Arms.
Grips are also available again.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post