SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    They’re addicting!! New Browning T-Bolt Target/Varmint in .22WMR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They’re addicting!! New Browning T-Bolt Target/Varmint in .22WMR Login/Join 
posted
Been on a bit of a rimfire kick lately as I bought a CZ 457 American in .22lr a few months back, a wonderful rifle, extremely accurate and a real looker to boot! I had become intrigued with a T-Bolt, chambered in .22WRM on clearance at my favorite gun store a while back (started a thread about it). Looked it over but was already buying a SIG P365 so I wasn’t ready to buy. Went back to check it out and found it was a Sporter, not not a Target/Varmint which I thought it was. Was a pretty good deal and a very nice rifle so I bought it. It is an awesome rifle, very nice trigger, really nice stock and smooth action. Once I mounted the scope I was really impressed with the accuracy.

On my every other day visit to the Sportsman’s Warehouse to look for ammo I noticed a Browning barrel label in the rimfire section so I decided to take a closer look, only to find a new, pristine T-Bolt Target/Varmint, with the fatter stock, cheek rest and heavier barrel, in .22WMR no less! I pondered it over for a few days and decided to buy it today, just in time for the rebate from BrowningWink I really like the stock, which has more figure to it than the Sporter, and it has a very nice trigger. Scope rings are on order and I am heading to Cabelas tomorrow to buy a scope. Think I am going to go bigger with the scope than the one on the Sporter, which has a 3-7x35 Vortex Diamondback rimfire. Looking at a 4-12x40 Diamondback, not a rimfire so the parallax is set for 100 yards instead of 50. Hopefully will get to shoot it late next week!

Pictures to follow.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will like that 4-12. I have it on 3 centerfires. Sounds like a nice setup.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t happen without pics!

And I’m impressed you actually found a store around here with inventory!

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pso1207:
I didn’t happen without pics!

And I’m impressed you actually found a store around here with inventory!

Yeah.... Inventory is TOUGH!! The Sportsmans Warehouse is only a mile away, & you never know what they may get into the store. Within the last year I bought a Springfield Armory M1a Loaded, an AccuShadow 2 (believe it or not) and this T-Bolt. No one seems to be familiar with the Browning, even behind the counter. Two guys who showed me the rifle didn't know how to open the bolt because it wouldn't rotate,! Luckily I have been in a situation where I could afford to spend all that $$. Never know what you may trip over on the way to the ammo shelves Wink.

BTW... I will post pictures when I get the scope mounted up and have some good light.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
You will like that 4-12. I have it on 3 centerfires. Sounds like a nice setup.

I think so too. My other two newer rimfires have 2-7 scopes on them. Nice, but I want something bigger.

posted Hide Post

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Browning T-Bolt Target/Varmint in .22WMR

First I've seen of them, it looks like the T-Bolt a straight pull?

Very nice looking, I've been migrating towards 22's for a couple years but don't currently have a WMR.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Browning T-Bolt Target/Varmint in .22WMR

First I've seen of them, it looks like the T-Bolt a straight pull?

Very nice looking, I've been migrating towards 22's for a couple years but don't currently have a WMR.

Yes, it is. Even the guys behind the counter were unfamiliar with it. They couldn't open the action because the bolt wouldn't lift! The handle pivots towards the rear of the bolt, shifting the locking lug to the right and out of the locking recesses in the receiver. It also has a 'double helix' magazine that is ingenious! Very slick set-up.

posted Hide Post
Obligatory final picture: