SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka t3x CTR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka t3x CTR Login/Join 
posted
Hello everybody,

I have a big gift card for sportsmans warehouse and with my broken ankle, I'm looking for a project to work on.

Does anybody have a tikka t3x CTR? Im thinking about getting one in 6.5cm as sort of a long range hunting rifle/range toy/ vaarmint gun. It seems like for a thousand dollars you get quite a bit of gun. A t3x ultralight in 6.5 is another possibility for this project

How is the CTR for a basic starter long range set up?

thanks!!!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the CTR, but I have a few boxes through my .270 T3x Lite Stainless to get acquainted behind it & am very satisfied with it so far. It's getting its first hunting outing next month.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a regular T3 CTR in 308 but shamefully report it remains unfired since I bought it when they were closing out the model in favor of the T3x models. The summer heat and rain crushed my summer shooting plans but I hope to get it out over the holidays.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive been reading about them for a few days since I cant do anything else, almost all the reviews are positive with good "out of the box" performance.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Tikkas are exceptional rifles.

Great barrels, very serviceable out of the box triggers, smooth actions.

The price also leaves a lot of room for high quality glass as well as good rings.

Buy and don't look back.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Tikkas are exceptional rifles.

Great barrels, very serviceable out of the box triggers, smooth actions.

The price also leaves a lot of room for high quality glass as well as good rings.

Buy and don't look back.

Yeh I've owned Tikkas on and off for years, I know they are very capable guns, Im just sor tof intrigued with the CTR.

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I am really considering this rifle as well. It looks awesome. 6.5 vs 308 is something I am thinking about.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I have one in 6.5 love it! Great combination of performance and price.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
My local sportsmans warehouse keeps these in stock in a few calibers I keep looking at them. I like the looks of them everything I've read they are good shooters. Better go buy it might make the broken ankle feel a little better.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Been looking at them heavily the past few weeks. Handled one the day and love the action but not so much the stock. Although I expected that and if purchased will be going into it knowing that the stock would be swapped at some point. I compared it to the Ruger RPR and the Tikkas action was the winner between the two. My only issue with the CTR is the propriety magazine. They aren’t cheap. I still need to research a little more though and see if swapping stocks along with bottom metal will allow the use of the AICS style mags.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I have a T3 CTR in .308. Stock leaves a lot to be desired but swapped and changed bottom metal for AI mags. Super accurate gun, furthest I've shot is only 300. Plan on doing a semi custom build soon with a T3X CTR action.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post