SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Old School mag pouches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old School mag pouches Login/Join 
posted
So, I'm putting together a battle belt, and all I can seem to find are single or double mag pouches that are designed for competition.

Does anyone know if someone has modernized the old snap cover pouches that hold 3 mags, the back in 'Nam H-gear stuff? I don't need high speed, sub millisecond stuff. I need good retention and the ability to carry more mags.

Thanks!

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I've bought some pouches for my Garand from Olongapo Outfitters. Don't know if it's what you are looking for but he makes good gear.

https://olongapooutfitters.com

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you could probably just hit up some surplus stores and get the old OD TA-50-type mag pouches for cheap.

I bought 6 or 8 at a gunshow awhile back for like $1.50 apiece and they work for what you describe.

Not necessarily HSLD but they get the job done.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
So, I'm putting together a battle belt, and all I can seem to find are single or double mag pouches that are designed for competition.

Does anyone know if someone has modernized the old snap cover pouches that hold 3 mags, the back in 'Nam H-gear stuff? I don't need high speed, sub millisecond stuff. I need good retention and the ability to carry more mags.

Thanks!
Well you can get good retention without a covering flap.

An example:
https://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Do...-Pouch-p/hsg.714.htm

This offers good retention, with or without a flap (but the flap is velcro, not snaps):
https://www.lapolicegear.com/t...le-pistol-pouch.html

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surplus store, Amazon, eBay...
Get the old school mag pouches, and cut the grenade pouches off on the sides with a razor.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I may still have some somewhere. If I do you can have them. I'll check tonight.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I may still have some somewhere. If I do you can have them. I'll check tonight.

Super appreciate it, but we just ordered a bunch of them.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Get the old school mag pouches, and cut the grenade pouches off on the sides with a razor.

Dude...where will you hang your gloves.....or your L flashlight? Cool

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 308th_sps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Dude...where will you hang your gloves.....or your L flashlight? Cool

Or your grenades? Smile

308th_sps

American by birth
Veteran by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post