SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Non brake non flash hider muzzle devices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non brake non flash hider muzzle devices Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Not sure what you'd call them, but...
Those muzzle devices that basically just push blast & noise forward... like the Flaming Pig (I think)...how much difference can the operator tell in the sound when firing?
I know it won't be hearing safe, or anywhere near silencer-ish, but how much difference could one expect to hear/feel while operating the rifle?
What about folks next to said rifle on the firing line?

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I think you might be talking about the levang linear compensators. I have one on an sbr that I shoot at club matches, and it definitely makes you a more likeable person to those in your vicinity.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
How about for using a sbr/pistol in a house or building? Do they provide any relief for the shooter?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Nothing is going to provide relief inside a structure that doesn't require a tax stamp.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Nothing is going to provide relief inside a structure that doesn't require a tax stamp.

You just gotta start sleeping with earplugs in. All the cool kids are doing it.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I looked up the Levang on Brownell's....discontinued & no longer available....

Long range plans involve a dedicated rimfire silencer, and TWO 30 caliber cans.
In the mean time, I want something to screw on the end my ARs (that doesn't necessarily need to be "timed" like a flash hider) that will push the noise & blast away from the firing line and towards the berm.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post