SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So, what should be my next step?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, what should be my next step? Login/Join 
posted
I currently have a couple spare lowers and a stripped upper or 2 and am looking for advice on which direction to go next...
I currently have:
BCM 20"A4 clone-ish
BCM 16" post front middy
DSG holiday special 16" middy 416r, wylde chambered, railed upper
PSA 16" post front middy SS
PSA 16" Middy Dissipator SS
Home brew 16" 9mm carbine
11.5 9mm pistol with Ballistic Advantage barrel
Collection of parts yet to become an 11.5 556 pistol. Undecided on post front or rail upper.

So, any suggestions for a next move. 300 blk is out til ammo gets cheaper since I don't reload. I was kinda leaning toward an SPR build. Also been thinking of a Glock mag lower for either 357 sig or 10mm (I know they will not work on the same size lower).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sell the parts and buy reloading gear so you can feed the others even in time of ammo crisis.
The concept of a gun enthusiast ( unless a very wealthy individual) not reloading to allow a larger volume of ammo on hand at lower cost mystifies me

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
With that many ARs, doesn't really matter. I'd build that 11.5 pistol. Sit on the parts as spares. If we've learned anything history, prices will not stay where they are. Competition will die off, production will slow and politics will change, thus prices will increase.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spend more time shooting the ones you currently have. Compete, train, plink, hunt, or whatever.

Wear out some barrels due to throat erosion.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
6.5 or 6.8? 6.5 or 6.8?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truthfully, I have more fun building than shooting. I am a marginal shot at best, due mostly to poor vision, so I prefer to tinker with them as projects. They are easier to store than cars or motorcycles.

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm into retro right now. Nice project with lots of room to 'tinker'.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the CAR short barreled stuff, but I am not willing to give .gov $200 so I can have a 11" barrel instead of a 16". Asinine. Would build my old man a Vietnam era A1, but he hated the one he was issued. Probably something to do with having to trade in his M14 for it.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Truthfully, I have more fun building than shooting. I am a marginal shot at best, due mostly to poor vision, so I prefer to tinker with them as projects.

OK. 7.62x39? .257 WSSM?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post