SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone selling $8 aluminum 20rd. AR mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone selling $8 aluminum 20rd. AR mags Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Looking for cheap 20 rd aluminum AR mags. Any leads with out big shipping charges?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cheapest I have found is in the range of $10.00 used at a local gun show. Some where along the line 20 round magazines with the Colt marque became collectable. I buy from here when in stock.
http://www.44mag.com/category/okay-industries

Only difference from old GI is a plastic follower.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheapest I've bought aluminum 20s is about $9.95 with free shipping from Botach.

Posts: 2480 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah $8 for the quality ones is a tall order, they don't seem to make them in quantity like the 30s to sell them cheap.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
never seen a new one from someone I trust (not ASC) at that price. so if you find it post it up.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Just buy less, Mark. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
PSA has 30rd mags for $6.99 ea right now

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Dang!...you couldn't get 'em cheaper unless you bought 'em from a drunken indian...

https://palmettostatearmory.co...m-magazine-8416.html

For 20 rounder...I'll second BillF's post...44mag.com when they are in stock...just keep checking Smile ...Brownell's has the 20 rounders milspec aluminum in stock...if they fail to satisfy, Brownell's will give you a full refund...no questions asked...ever!

https://www.brownells.com/maga...avs%7cMake_3=AR-15...

Check their site for free shipping offers that seem to pop up again from the time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to chuckle. Back in the day when the Army was making the transition from 20 round mags to 30 rounders, we used to chuck the 20's into the weeds. Amazing how things come around.Both Magpul and Lancer produce 20 round mags but they are more pricey since they sell less of them

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've got 17 or 18 of the old Colt 20's that I've had for like 30 years and still work perfectly, plus a dozen each from Okay and NHMTG that I bought from 44mag.com when the prices started going up a few years back. Those are still shrink-wrapped in a box. 44mag.com is the only place I've seen aluminum 20's in quite a while, other than onesies and twosies at gun shows.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.brownells.com/maga...-5-56-prod71747.aspx

Backordered, but if you aren't in a hurry they are $89.99 for 10 shipped with code JDC.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
$11.99 from TopGun Supply. https://www.topgunsupply.com/o...gazine-grey-dfl.html

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know Brownells is more than you want to spend but they make good aluminum 20 rounders. I would go without before ordering from 44mag.com. They were some of the worst price gougers in 2013. $99 for MP9 mags and $60 for mP15-22 mags.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
That's actually a pretty good price from Brownells, especially when you factor in the promo code. The (relatively minor, depending on your magazine management habits) thing that I found with Brownells mags a while back was that the followers were reversed left/right, so a fully loaded Brownells mag looks like it's down-loaded by one compared to a fully loaded <anybody elses> mag. Those were 30 rounders though, I don't know if the same thing goes for their 20's or not. Other than that they seemed to be good mags.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
AIM's are curved, Brownells are straight.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
thanks Kimber, looks like a nice deal.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It's not as if I need them, so backorder is fine.

For me it is more about nostalgia, 20 rounders should be straight.

Thanks goes to Wolfe 21.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
$11.99 from TopGun Supply. https://www.topgunsupply.com/o...gazine-grey-dfl.html

I bought 10 of these Friday night 8pm. Got the shipping confirmation 12 hours later at 8am Saturday. Damn things were sitting on my porch Monday when I got home from work.

TopGun Supply is amazing with their service. Love that place!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
For those still looking: Labor Day sale at Palmetto State Armory, D&H 30rd Aluminum mag, $6.99, still in stock

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post