SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    any one have experiance with Henry lever-action-axe 410/
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any one have experiance with Henry lever-action-axe 410/ Login/Join 
posted
I came across this and it looks interesting.

Does any one have exprince with it or the .410 in a rifle. I have seen it things like the judge and not been impressd.

https://www.henryusa.com/firea...ever-action-axe-410/

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Talk about impractical, the only thing that I see it used for would be snake eradication. $970 dollars for a snake gun seems a little crazy.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot quite a few rounds of .410 in sporting clays tournaments. 410 shot flies well enough, but the shot payload is so small that precision shooting is necessary. IMO a 410 works for small birds, close clays, and maybe close snakes.

I see this Henry as an excellent way for a person to waste money, for a gun that will never be used.

Posts: 7872 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the rifle version. Its a nice little package. We (or rather my wife who is very 12g shy) uses it for some of the smaller pests on our farm. Other than price the rifle is fundamentally OK. this version I wouldn't see so much it might be useful for.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Its a good gun for the polaris or mule when working on the farm. Bought mom one and she likes it just for that reason. keeps it in a scabbard on the mule next to the machete.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think I’d rather move up to a pump 20, more versatile.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Not to mention that you can get a good one for half the price.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would be fun, just not $970 fun

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
I've shot quite a few rounds of .410 in sporting clays tournaments. 410 shot flies well enough, but the shot payload is so small that precision shooting is necessary. IMO a 410 works for small birds, close clays, and maybe close snakes.

I see this Henry as an excellent way for a person to waste money, for a gun that will never be used.

There is a saying at my gun club when someone misses a shot they normally hit and it's "410". I've seen one of our best skeet shooter put 410 tubes into is gun and go out to the trap range and miss 5 or even 7 out of 25. On the plus side is if you hit with a 410 on the trap field any of the larger calibers are darned near a sure thing.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not typically one for wood stocks, but that’s a really neat little firearm. Perfect for a form-1 SBS.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
Perfect for a form-1 SBS.

Wouldn't a less expensive 20 gauge be far better? Even kids have no problem mastering it. While the field price will be a little lower, north of $900 is a bit pricy for something you could do with a lever action .44 for higher capacity and more effectiveness.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Absolutely. So many more uses for a 20, or even 28 gauge. A .410 load of shot is tiny. You have to be an excellent shooter to hit with it, and that gun is not optimized for hitting.

If you just think it is cute, or something, go for it. But it won't be very useful for anything.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post