SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LWRC opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LWRC opinions Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I just bought a M6 IC DI today.

It has ambidextrous controls (safety, mag release, bolt release) and is light weight.

Anybody have one ?

Reviews that I have read so far say the only negative is the mil spec trigger but I figured I'd ask SIGforum.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
My opinion— one of the best ARs out there. I have 3.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a couple of their piston guns. Only complaint was they were heavy.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always thought it best to ask for feedback on a rifle prior prior to purchasing it.

That said, I have an LWRC IC piston. It is a little heavy for its size, and functions flawlessly -- as expected. I find the LWRC's barrel much more finicky about ammo than my other DI barrels. Given that it has a 1/7 barrel with a 5.56 chamber, I expected stellar accuracy from some kind of bullet in the 73-77 grain ballpark. Not really, as the barrel really prefers 69 grain SMK bullets. It really doesn't care much for 55 grain VMax loads either, which is pretty unusual.

Overall, I like the LWRC. But I'm glad that I won the LWRC in a match instead of buying it.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
Other than being heavy. Mine runs like a train.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fritz:
I've always thought it best to ask for feedback on a rifle prior prior to purchasing it.
------------

I agree...In this case my boss took me with him to pick out some guns for him and then he handed me the LWRC and said "What do you think of this?" Then he said here's the cash and it's yours and thank you for the years of working with me!

Soooo it happened pretty fast Cool

Since this is not a piston gun it is fairly light.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great boss!

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Then he said here's the cash and it's yours and thank you for the years of working with me!

That totally works.
Depending upon your intended use, hopefully you will find the right ammo for your rifle quickly.

Changing out the trigger shouldn't be a big deal.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the LWRC. I picked up the same model last Saturday at a gun show. It has the same controls and features as yours. It is probably the nicest rifle that I own. I really like the features and build quality. The rifle just wreaks of quality. I have not shot it yet but hope to do so soon. Let us know how you like it.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Mann:
Congratulations on the LWRC. I picked up the same model last Saturday at a gun show. It has the same controls and features as yours. It is probably the nicest rifle that I own. I really like the features and build quality. The rifle just wreaks of quality. I have not shot it yet but hope to do so soon. Let us know how you like it.

Thanks...I'll let you know after I finish my 10 day California waiting period Frown

I'm looking forward to shooting it.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

posted Hide Post
GREAT GUNS!
Like others have said, they are on the heavy side. But shoot pretty damn accurate, and it's hard to stop one. It just shoots, and shoots, and shoots...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for them to start producing an AR Carbine in 45 ACP which is supposed to be manufactured with a smaller scaled dedicated lower receiver set up to take HK SMG mags. They showed it at SHOT SHOW a couple of years ago, but I have not heard or seen any more about it since.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
How much more do the piston guns weigh than their DI counterparts?

Is it really the piston that weighs so much or is it due to different barrels, stocks and/or handguards?

I've put the Osprey Defence piston conversion on a couple guns and the weight difference is about 2 ounces, which in my hands isn't even noticeable.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had one and they are nice but they get hotter then hell and they are heavy. after 2 to 3 mags I had to put it down or wear a glove sold it and went back to a 6920 now I'm looking at a Radian those are a thing of beauty and are only 1 hr away in salem Oregon.

almost forgot the bolt stay nice and clean on the lwrc.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post