SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone use this to Torque MPX Barrels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use this to Torque MPX Barrels? Login/Join 
posted
I finally read the SIG manual for my MPX and discovered I'm supposed to torque the barrel retaining screws to 40 in-lbs.

Googling I found this bike tool graduated in NM increments of 4, 5 and 6 NM (35.4, 44.25 and 53.1 in-lb respectively).

Would 44 be too much torque?

All thoughts appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Bik...ativeASIN=B07D6QD9T6

P220 SAO (EDC) (plus 22 conversion) and a variety of Carry / Compacts with some part swapping); Colt Model 70; P226 DA/SA; P226 Elite SAO & 357SIG Conversion, P320 FS & SC; P238; Sig 1911 Max; Colt Officer ACP;P365 (alternate EDC)

Posts: 595 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'd just go with a Wheeler torque wrench. The analogue wrench is slightly cheaper than the digital one.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wheeler or Borka torque wrenches.

Any self respecting shooter needs one.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Wheeler or Borka torque wrenches.

Any self respecting shooter needs one.

Thanks - now, if I get one, will that cure my total lack of self-respect - or at least move the needle?

P220 SAO (EDC) (plus 22 conversion) and a variety of Carry / Compacts with some part swapping); Colt Model 70; P226 DA/SA; P226 Elite SAO & 357SIG Conversion, P320 FS & SC; P238; Sig 1911 Max; Colt Officer ACP;P365 (alternate EDC)

Posts: 595 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Lol, just giving you grief. I find I use my Borka setup a lot now that I have it. The bits are great and when you start mounting scopes, SCAR / MPX barrels, etc it is just great to know you are doing it right instead of winging it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Divemaster Mark:
I finally read the SIG manual for my MPX and discovered I'm supposed to torque the barrel retaining screws to 40 in-lbs.

Googling I found this bike tool graduated in NM increments of 4, 5 and 6 NM (35.4, 44.25 and 53.1 in-lb respectively).

Would 44 be too much torque?

All thoughts appreciated.

A "bike tool" for your MPX?

I wouldn't use that on a bicycle, let alone a firearm or anything else calling for an actual torque value.

I use calibrated torque wrenches when applying torque, and I get them calibrated annually. Most of mine are snap-on or mac.

It would cost more to get that amazon plastic junk tested for calibration, than what the wrench costs...no early way I'd consider it. Ever.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post