SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any Experience with the ATN X-Sight II?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Experience with the ATN X-Sight II? Login/Join 
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted
Anyone have any direct experience with the ATN X-Sight II? With day/night operations it looks like it offers a lot for the price. I asked the guy at the counter if he had any experience and he looked side to side, pointed to the gps/wifi symbol on top and said "I wouldn't buy it. They can hack it." Roll Eyes

So besides the black helicopters spoofing the gps location it there anything with the sight that doesn't work well?

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm setting up a 5-20x for a friend on a Remington 700 .270 Win. It goes through AA's quick if you're using the menus a lot. I would recommend the power pack or carrying lots of batteries. It does notify you when the batteries are low so you get some advanced notice before it shuts off. Once it's off you can't see a thing since it's basically a video camera.

The one-shot zero is a nice feature and it supports multiple profiles so you can move it from one rifle to another easily. With the one-shot zero you take a shot then move a secondary reticle to the the point of impact and set it. I did this at 25 yards first then moved out to 100 yards and it was still fairly close.

I haven't shot through it at night yet, but plan to do so this weekend at the range. Just looking through it I think it's going to work out well for his purpose which is hog hunting. It came with an infrared flashlight that mounts to the "scope" and it does make a big difference.

There are plenty of YouTube videos that show the features and some that show it in use.

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My friend has a first Gen X-Sight and uses a cell phone charger to keep it powered up.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one mounted on a Benneli R1 30.06. I got it zeroed in very quickly and have run 3 boxes of ammo through it just messing with the setup. It does work out to 150-200 yards (depending on weather conditions) with the small IR illuminator provided. I bought a bigger IR illuminator, but have not tried it out, yet.

My primary complaint is that it is hard to keep in focus and there is a lot of functionality, thus complicating menus and operation. Trusting the scope so close to my face is a bit unnerving with a 30.06, but I am getting over that and I do not have a pirate patch yet.

On the positive side it is night vision that does work for under $600.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got one but haven't played with it much yet ... the couple times I had it out I wasn't impressed with the grainy sight picture or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Local shop that had a couple in stock was selling the 1st gen for about the same price I saw one at a local gunshow vender had the Gen II for; I was set-up at the show too and he gave me a 10% discount so on a whim I jumped on it. It does seem to offer a lot for the money.

I like the idea of being able to see my hits on my iPad but unless I'm using a shoot-n-see target, I can't see anything, where as with a optical scope with 20x it's no problem

I'd like to hear from other owners too, I need to spend more time with it but time has been in short supply for the last year or so.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post