SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Quick memory check....LMT AR stuff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick memory check....LMT AR stuff Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
As I recall from reading here, Lewis Machine & Tool stuff is pretty good, correct?

Thinking about piecing together a 14.5" with a permanently pinned SilencerCo ASR flash suppressor to go with the Saker ASR. Figured to go big instead of my usual Anderson Arms builds. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. LMT makes quality stuff.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, My first AR was LMT lower with LMT upper 24" 1" thick bull barrel

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LMT is top tier. Their 308 is current Military issue in England.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the quality, but a couple years ago they escaped from Milan IL and built a new plant in Eldridge IA, just north of Davenport and five miles from me.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have been good quality, hard to get and expensive. They received several military contracts as of late.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a few hours of searching the www. And 23 phone calls,

I couldn't find a particular brand of 1911 pistol,

Someone here offered a link to a gentalman out in Idaho who keeps 250 of them in stock on a regular basis.

I am wondering if there is similar fella , somewhere that offers
L.M.T. rifles . In stock

Does anyone know of someone like this?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I found a couple of places with parts. Brownell's (among others) has complete lowers and I found a few places with various complete uppers.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
After a few hours of searching the www. And 23 phone calls,

I couldn't find a particular brand of 1911 pistol,

Someone here offered a link to a gentalman out in Idaho who keeps 250 of them in stock on a regular basis.

I am wondering if there is similar fella , somewhere that offers
L.M.T. rifles . In stock

Does anyone know of someone like this?

I have a few extra LMT uppers and lowers. I don't have them listed for sale anywhere, but I'd be willing to sell. I bought a few extra several years ago-complete uppers and complete lowers from LMT.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was hoping for the entire rifle,but thanks.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Was hoping for the entire rifle,but thanks.

?? A complete upper and a complete lower makes an entire rifle. I was just saying that I bought them as complete uppers and complete lowers from LMT. It's not something that I put together from pieces.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone's got a LPK for a 7.62 model, I need one.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I used a LMT lower when I did my MK build. Very solid

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
While I am late to the party LMT makes quality parts and a great gun. I've put over 6,000 rounds into my rifle without any failures.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post