SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A “punchy” Christmas KARMA **WINNER: OKCGene ***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A “punchy” Christmas KARMA **WINNER: OKCGene *** Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
Back in October I ordered an AR15 Armorer’s punch set from Obsidian Arms, via Amazon. Obsidian is great company that make high quality stuff. 4 weeks into my 5-7 day delivery window and no package, and worthless tracking info from USPS, I contacted Obsidian and asked for tracking help. They were shined on just like me, so after 6-7 weeks I contacted the fine folks at Obsidian Arms again and they sent me a second set which I received within a couple days. A couple weeks later I received the original order in a “less than pristine” box. I reached out to Obsidian again and left a message requesting a mailing label to return the duplicate set of punches. The next day I reacts call from one of the owners telling me to keep it or gift it to a friend, and this is where SIG Forum comes in....

Though not required for the KARMA, but in keeping with the holiday spirit; feel free to post a nice thing you have done for someone or that someone has done for you during the holidays. I will choose a winner on New Years Day. The winner will be chosen by post number from a hat.

Here is a link to the set: https://www.brownells.com/guns...-set-prod114383.aspx

Happy holidays SIG Forum!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nick,

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could use a set.
Thank You

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I could use this, please include me.

Homeless guy has been showing up lately at the PD, as long as he doesn't hang out too long we have been letting him sit out there in the lobby. Today he showed up as we were taking our Christmas dinner out of the oven, so we fixed him a plate. Made his day, he said that all he has had to eat today was some gummy bears and chocolate milk.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Include me please.

I didn't beat my wife or kids today. I just couldn't see doing that on Christmas Wink

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I'm in!
I've been meaning to get a punch set for years now.. Just always forget until I'm in that moment of "dammit i need a punch!"

About 10 years ago I had a pretty bad car accident. As a result, I lost my job and had to move out of my rental house (no money).
Some friends took me in and even fronted the cash to get me a used car to use day to day.
After I got sorted out, I was able to pay them back the money for the car over time.
Totally unwarranted and I can't begin to say how grateful I am to them for what they did.

About 5 years ago I had a friend going through a rough time in her life. Was between jobs..etc..
While driving to a job interview... her car broke down. Unrepairedly (is that a word?) broke down.
She did eventually get to the interview - and did well - but had no way to go to/from the job.
I had some spare cash at the time so I loaned her about $4k to help find a working used car (sounds familiar right?!). She was able to get back onto her feet again with the new job.
About a year later she moved away and I haven't heard from her since (never paid me back the money lol).
Oh well... Buddy of mine gave me some advice several years ago "never loan out money that you can't afford to not get back".

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in and thanks.

My wife did something very nice for me for Christmas. She had a beautiful wooden flag made to hold my Army coin collection that had grown too large for my two small coin holders. It was definitely one of the nicest gifts I've ever gotten.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I could use those for an upcoming pistol build. Please include me. Thanks!

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Please include me.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please. The best thing anyone did for me this Christmas was my wife getting me a .300 Blackout upper.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Super nice karma. I am in.

We gifted an item to a close friend. She loved it so much, she purchased the identical item for each of her 3 sons, as a Christmas gift.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Thortons for a fountain drink on my way home from Christmas dinner with my Mom and Aunt, and family. As I walked in, another guy was walking out. We passed in the doorway, and I said " Merry Christmas'. A couple seconds later, I heard someone saying "Sir! Sir!!" I turned around thinking I had dropped something. The guy I had passed in the doorway was walking towards me, and said "Here, take this" and hand me what looked to be a Christmas card in an envelope. He said "You are the first person to tell me Merry Christmas today." I told him thanks, and went on my way. When I got back in the car, I checked it out. It was a Christmas card, and a Kroger gift card for $25!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
That's a most excellent Karma, please put my name in the Karmanator as well.

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Such a nice karma, I'm I'm.

I've been a bit under the weather and my neighbor brought me a Christmas dinner awhile ago, I'm thankful and grateful.

A friend wants to build an AR, this tool would be awesome to get started.

Thank you.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I'm in please.

Thanks, Nick!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Please add my name. Thanks! Cool

Rather than bragging about my good deeds, I'll share one from my dear friend, who passed away five years ago.

We were having lunch at a diner one day, and he kept looking over to the elderly couple a few booths away. When it was time to leave, he told the server to include the couple's check. I waited until we got into our car to ask him why. He told me they reminded him of his own grandparents. It was also Valentine's Day.

Posts: 2659 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
In please; I’ve been using a cobbled together, mismatched brand set for as long as I can remember.

The other day I was walking into the local Goodwill just as a lady was unloading her trunk of donations. I helped her carry her stuff to the bins. From her reaction, you’d have thought I had saved her life Big Grin. Little things really do mean a lot.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in please! Nothing crazy but the usual end of year food drives and donations.

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’d like a chance please!

This time of year, I help clear walks and drives with my plow. Last year I helped half dozen people get unstuck. This year has been a little bit more mild but next month usually gets more snow.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Don't enter me, I already have a set. Plus working part time in a gunshop has it's perks.

While not actually the holidays in early '71 I was living in a rented upper and going to high school. 2nd Senior Year, did I say I was a screwup?

My SS and VA benefits from my late father's account was keeping me going. Until the SS payments got messed up and I was living on 40 dollars a month from VA only, to say things were tight was an understatement. This went on for two months.

A high school friend worked at a Pizza place a couple of blocks away. About two weeks into this debacle it got around in my circle that I was having a rough way to go. Wasn't going out after school, staying in on the weekends, way out of character for me. Anyway, he left a note on my car to stop over and see him at work. So I did. You know what? He mysteriously had a large order, a couple of pizzas, ribs, spaghetti, that was ordered and cancelled! A couple of other friends and one aunt also stepped in to help keep me on my feet, to them I'm still grateful even though they are no longer here.

About a month after getting everything straightened out I finally found another part time car dealership parts department job. I was commuting after school for three hours a day Monday thru Friday work about thirty miles round trip.That got me going again, I worked in dealerships from that time on until the end of June 2017 when I retired.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I like many have been down and out in the past. Some good friends helped me out and I try to pass it on daily. I'm grateful for good friends, family and my health.

Have a safe Holiday season and looking forward to another awesome year on Sigforum. Year number 12 for me.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post