SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bargain of the year for me. Knights Armament SR-15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bargain of the year for me. Knights Armament SR-15 Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Ok so this never happens to me but today at Cabelas I picked up a like new in the box appears unfired Knights SR-15. I picked it up for the rock bottom price of $1050 I had a hard time not laughing as I was paying. I know that the AR market is down but this is crazy I would have bought a dozed at that price.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This was a used gun then?

Someone at Cabela's messed up.

But good on you, I would have picked it up at that price too (but I'm never in Cabela's).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
This was a used gun then?

Someone at Cabela's messed up.

But good on you, I would have picked it up at that price too (but I'm never in Cabela's).

Yes it was used but I can't find any evidence it had been fired. In the box with all accessories and the back up irons. My guess is you are right someone screwed up and will be hearing about it soon once they realize what happened.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Score!!

...and I thought I got a good deal last year on an unfired DDM4V5 for $1000.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Cabelas is all over the map in how they price used stuff. I bought an FN FiveseveN for $700/OTD, a Beretta 86 for $500 and a Daewoo DR-200 for $675. But, then I see a Sig P556 for $2k, a Schmidt-Rubin K1911 for $700 (several on the wall at the same price), etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PGT,

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Cabelas is all over the map in how they price used stuff. I bought an FN FiveseveN for $700/OTD, a Beretta 86 for $500 and a Daewood DR-200 for $675. But, then I see a Sig P556 for $2k, a Schmidt-Rubin K1911 for $700 (several on the wall at the same price), etc.
\

I think it's even worse since Bass Pro took over.

posted Hide Post
Well done. It would be tough even getting an upper for that price.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I nearly stroked out when I saw a P225 Classic in the Dundee Cabelas a couple years ago for 350 bucks. I had a gift card for 25 bucks so I got it for 325 + tax. It was a GOTM, too. I thought sure alarms would go off when I went out the door.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Righteous. A friend of mine has a KAC and it's a fine rifle.
Now shoot the piss out of it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That's a win right there. Congrats, although I'm sure some members would have told the counter guy and gladly paid an extra $500 for it (but not this guy!). Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Dayum. Someone at Cabela's is a dummy. Shocker.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should be taking trips to Cabela’s every now and then.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Nice find!
I once found a West German P225 that looked new/unfired mixed in with their P6 surplus pistols for $350. I practically shoved my credit card into the counter guy's hand right after looking at it.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Way cool.

Congratulations.

I have a pair just like it that I did not pay that little for.

You have (in my humble and otherwise worthless opinion) the best of the AR breed.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a fantastic price!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Noice

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cabelas is all over the map in how they price used stuff.

My local one (Bristol, VA) prices first-generation M&Ps that look as if they'd been dragged behind a truck for as much as new 2.0s. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post