SIGforum
Bargain of the year for me. Knights Armament SR-15

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1280032054

November 29, 2018, 06:20 PM
onpointgun
Bargain of the year for me. Knights Armament SR-15
Ok so this never happens to me but today at Cabelas I picked up a like new in the box appears unfired Knights SR-15. I picked it up for the rock bottom price of $1050 I had a hard time not laughing as I was paying. I know that the AR market is down but this is crazy I would have bought a dozed at that price.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
November 29, 2018, 06:26 PM
LDD
This was a used gun then?

Someone at Cabela's messed up.

But good on you, I would have picked it up at that price too (but I'm never in Cabela's).
November 29, 2018, 06:29 PM
onpointgun
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
This was a used gun then?

Someone at Cabela's messed up.

But good on you, I would have picked it up at that price too (but I'm never in Cabela's).

Yes it was used but I can't find any evidence it had been fired. In the box with all accessories and the back up irons. My guess is you are right someone screwed up and will be hearing about it soon once they realize what happened.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
November 29, 2018, 06:31 PM
roberth
Score!!

...and I thought I got a good deal last year on an unfired DDM4V5 for $1000.

November 29, 2018, 06:35 PM
PGT
Cabelas is all over the map in how they price used stuff. I bought an FN FiveseveN for $700/OTD, a Beretta 86 for $500 and a Daewoo DR-200 for $675. But, then I see a Sig P556 for $2k, a Schmidt-Rubin K1911 for $700 (several on the wall at the same price), etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PGT,
November 29, 2018, 06:37 PM
onpointgun
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Cabelas is all over the map in how they price used stuff. I bought an FN FiveseveN for $700/OTD, a Beretta 86 for $500 and a Daewood DR-200 for $675. But, then I see a Sig P556 for $2k, a Schmidt-Rubin K1911 for $700 (several on the wall at the same price), etc.
\

I think it's even worse since Bass Pro took over.

November 29, 2018, 07:59 PM
fritz
Well done. It would be tough even getting an upper for that price.
November 29, 2018, 08:27 PM
YooperSigs
I nearly stroked out when I saw a P225 Classic in the Dundee Cabelas a couple years ago for 350 bucks. I had a gift card for 25 bucks so I got it for 325 + tax. It was a GOTM, too. I thought sure alarms would go off when I went out the door.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
November 30, 2018, 01:02 PM
MikeGLI
Righteous. A friend of mine has a KAC and it's a fine rifle.
Now shoot the piss out of it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
November 30, 2018, 01:23 PM
RHINOWSO
That's a win right there. Congrats, although I'm sure some members would have told the counter guy and gladly paid an extra $500 for it (but not this guy!). Wink
November 30, 2018, 05:03 PM
arcwelder
Dayum. Someone at Cabela's is a dummy. Shocker.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

November 30, 2018, 05:21 PM
Spiff_P239
Maybe I should be taking trips to Cabela’s every now and then.
November 30, 2018, 05:53 PM
Ryanp225
Nice find!
I once found a West German P225 that looked new/unfired mixed in with their P6 surplus pistols for $350. I practically shoved my credit card into the counter guy's hand right after looking at it.
November 30, 2018, 06:21 PM
jjkroll32
Way cool.

Congratulations.

I have a pair just like it that I did not pay that little for.

You have (in my humble and otherwise worthless opinion) the best of the AR breed.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
December 01, 2018, 10:30 PM
BadDogPSD
That's a fantastic price!

Like guns, Love Sigs
December 01, 2018, 10:49 PM
Vgex
Noice
December 02, 2018, 08:16 AM
egregore
quote:
Cabelas is all over the map in how they price used stuff.

My local one (Bristol, VA) prices first-generation M&Ps that look as if they'd been dragged behind a truck for as much as new 2.0s. Roll Eyes