SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Franchi Instinct Sporting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franchi Instinct Sporting Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of thus shotgun? I am thinking of getting of these. The one that I am looking at has 30 inch non ported barrels.

I am going to look at it on Sunday, if it doesn't sell before then.

It would be used for trap and sporting clays. I was just looking for a little feedback.

Thanks

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I don’t own an Instinct, so I can’t comment on that particular model. I own one of their Affinity semi-auto shotguns in 20ga, and it is a well built, reliable gun. I use it for for clay shooting. I believe Franchi is owned by Benelli, which makes some pretty awesome shotguns.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the Sporting Shotgun community at the range I use Franchi is considered an Italian made Turkish Shotgun. To put it simply they are well made and will work well for 5 or 10 years but you could save yourself about 200 bucks by just getting a Turkish shotgun.

BTW, I have 3 CZ shotguns and they are quite well made and the wood on both the side by side and Over/Under is much much prettier that what is on my 12 and 20 gage Beretta 686 Silver Pigeons.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I got to handle a Franchi Instict O/U at the local gun show today. I was not impressed with the quality.

I would agree with Scooter. Just buy a CZ if you are looking for a moderately priced target shotgun. Or save up and buy a Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post