Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms offers a few options that they label the reticle for 5.56 / 5.45 / .308. You might check with them for specifics but they do have 1-6 and 1-8 options listed as such.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
The new Nightforce NX8 1-8 has both have MOA and MIL based reticle options that can easily be used for holds shooting .308. Depending on budget the new Nightforce ATACR 1-8 would also be a great option but currently is only offered with a MIL based reticle.

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/nx8/nx8-1-8x24-f1

https://www.sportoptics.com/ni...8-1-8-24-scopes.aspx

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/atacr/atacr-1-8x24-f1

https://www.sportoptics.com/ni...8-1-8-24-scopes.aspx

What rifle are you shooting and at what distance, and what ammo are you using? Some of the options you mentioned may not be too far off.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Maybe not quite what you want, but there's a SpecterDR 1x/4x that has a 7.62 reticle. They also have a 1x/3x/9x with a 7.62 reticle.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d call Trijicon on their 1-8 Accupower, I don’t see on the website where it states that reticle is calibrated to any caliber.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Kahles K16i with G4B reticle. My buddy who also shoots heavy uses the Swaro 1-6 with the BRT. It does not matter what the reticle claims to be "calibrated" for, your rifle will never match up to it anyway. Best to pick a scope and reticle that you like and KNOW where your gun hits with your ammo.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
It does not matter what the reticle claims to be "calibrated" for, your rifle will never match up to it anyway.

Now that you’ve broken the ice ( Wink ), I’ll add my unsolicited comment.

Unless the sight is intended for use on a specific rifle firing a specific load, the “ballistic drop” reticle will be precisely calibrated for what someone is shooting only by accident. Leupold will provide reticles custom calibrated for what the customer wants, but as soon as we decide to change anything about the gun or ammunition, or even the environmental conditions, it will no longer be accurate (assuming it was accurate to begin with). Further, the BDC reticles I’ve seen are usually calibrated in large intervals, such as 100 yards. Where do we hold if the target is at 350 yards and the calibration marks are at 300 and 400? (Hint: It’s not half way between 300 and 400.)

The same thing can be accomplished—but more precisely—with any good reticle calibrated in milliradians or minutes of angle. Develop a dope chart, tape it to the rifle, and thereafter all that’s necessary is to determine the range to the target, check the chart, and use the hold necessary for the shot. (And that assumes it’s not just better to adjust the elevation setting of the scope rather than trying to hold over the target.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post