SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone else jump in on the Cabela's Savage 12FV Black Friday deal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else jump in on the Cabela's Savage 12FV Black Friday deal? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
It was on sale for $369 with a $100 mail in rebate for a total of $269. I had $105 in gift cards from a recent birthday which knocked my price down to $164. In addition, there were places where it was advertised for $319 so I chatted with the Cabela's rep and he gave me a $50 gift card.

So out of pocket, I'll have paid $114 for a Savage 12 FV in 308 with a 26" varmint barrel! Still waiting for it to show up at my local store. Smile

They're still on sale for $369 with the rebate too.
http://www.cabelas.com/product...1994604.uts?slotId=0

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, I wish i would have seen this, great deal.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
$319 after rebate.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Why didn't you told us about this on black friday? Confused Big Grin

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I picked it up yesterday. Not a bad rifle. I threw in my 110 long action/22" 308 heavy barrel/McMillan HTG in for comparison.

I've already talked to my machinist and I'm going to have the barrel chopped 4" down to 22" and threaded for a flash suppressor (to protect the crown when out in the field in case of a spill).

I want a better stock but I'm on the fence on what to get. This factory stock is just awful but I can't complain for the price. IMHO, if the rifle was missing the stock, it would still be a great deal. I'll eventually convert it to take detachable box magazines.

It will be interesting to see how it shoots with the current stock. I hear they still shoot good. It has metal pillars underneath that molded plastic.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
What calibers did you all go with?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, you cannot beat the accuracy out of the box for the money with a Savage. I’m not a fan of the accustock, but they work well. They are a little flimsy. I usually change them out and start reloading!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I jumped on the 10T-SR. Backordered currently in 6.5 Creedmoor. Will switch out the stock with a MDT chassie when I get it. Not a fan of the Accustock.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post