SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Magpul releases CZ Scorpion mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul releases CZ Scorpion mags Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Sign me up for a couple dozen for the SBR'd Scorpion.

Like the looks of the grip as well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Those look good. Wonder what the price is. OEM mags cost around $19 each.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Got to get me some when they are out. Looks like 35 rounders?.. smart move on Magpul part.

Posts: 2678 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here's a gun where we don't need magpul to save us since OEM mags are reasonable. maybe someone could get them onboard to work on MPX mags or something that's ridiculously priced.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
True OEM’s are reasonable though some may still be apprehensive about them cracking at the feed lips when stored full capacity for very long, hence the allure of the Magpul ones. I believe the Manticore ones are decent priced as well, have steel lips, and are 32 rounders.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I may have to pick up a couple of those.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
MSRP was $19.95 on one outdoor forum I found while looking for them. If so, I’ll be in for a few.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
here's a gun where we don't need magpul to save us since OEM mags are reasonable. maybe someone could get them onboard to work on MPX mags or something that's ridiculously priced.

I was thinking the same thing.

Nothing against Magpul making aftermarket mags for the Scorpion, but there's a lot of room for a less expensive MPX magazine. Sell them at $20 each and no one will care if the mags are see-through or don't have metal feed lips.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Manticore Arms has been making these with metal feed lips for a bit.

32 rounds @ $20 a mag.

https://www.preppergunshop.com...-mag-32-round-clear/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Now for the love of god if someone would pick up and do MPX mags they'd make a mint.

MPX mags cost $50-$60 per magazine for Gen 2 mags. If someone could come out with $20 mags that will run reliably. Shut up and take my money.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I wish they’d make some B&T mags.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Manticore Arms has been making these with metal feed lips for a bit.

32 rounds @ $20 a mag.

https://www.preppergunshop.com...-mag-32-round-clear/

Yep, have had some for a while and really like them. Just glad to see more folks join the party.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They also announced MP5 furniture but not mags.
Wonder what the deal is with that.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Now for the love of god if someone would pick up and do MPX mags they'd make a mint.

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm sure Magpul has run the comparison and figured out (1) there are more Scorpion owners than MPX owners and (2) SIG is famous for changing design / model / etc at the drop of a hat without so much as a peep. I mean you already have Gen1 & 2 compatibility issues, which just means a fracking headache for Magpul C/S when more issues arise.

It's all about VOLUME for Magpul. Recouping their investment and then cranking out magazines for a long time.

To me, the Scorpion is the far safer bet than the SIG MPX - at least until the MPX picks up some .mil/.gov contracts.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait for these to hit the shelves. Fun gun but the factory mags are untrustworthy. I asked my local store about release and they said they hope to be able to place orders after the Shot show. Hopefully we can walk out the door with them in a couple months.......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
They also announced MP5 furniture but not mags.
Wonder what the deal is with that.

I'm guessing the MP5 magazine is hard to get right. I grabbed some ETS mags for mine when they came out and they have been a let down. Lots of feeding problems on more than one gun.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post