SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Taking a look at a Kriss Vector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking a look at a Kriss Vector Login/Join 
posted
I have a sig mpx carbine that i love. I would like something similar in 45acp. I like both the pistol and the carbine version.

Does anyone here own one? Has anyone have one with a caliber exchange with it. IE 9mm to 40sw. Or 10mm to 45acp?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, an SBR. Great fun, especially suppreessed. No issues with it. I’d definitely buy it again. It’s is one of the few guns I have that will actually make me giggle....

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
I have one, an SBR. Great fun, especially suppreessed. No issues with it. I’d definitely buy it again. It’s is one of the few guns I have that will actually make me giggle....

Is yours a GEN 2? have you ever changed out the caliber?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:

Is yours a GEN 2? have you ever changed out the caliber?

No. Gen 1.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I have one in 10mm, it launches brass a looong way!

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Traded into a Gen 1 CRB a few years ago. One of the few I haven't traded for something else. The only think I can think of worth mentioning is that I usually clean and lube mine at 300 rounds. OCD kicks in after that, but that is just me.

I also have the habit of extra modifications. Lights, rail covers, stocks, etc... are easy mods. More head scratching is required if you decide to change the mag extensions to 10mm. In my case, I converted my Glock 21 to run .38 Super and modified the extended mags to 38 as well. You can stuff almost a full box of 38s into a Kriss Vector magazine, but that is a different story.

Shoots great out of the box. I haven't swapped it to 10mm as I have a few 10mm guns already. Not to many .45s (heck, I don't even have a .45 1911) that I look into, but this one is a keeper.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love a Kriss in 10mm/.45 but won't touch one until they make a REAL high capacity magazine for it. Jury rigging a huge extension on a glock .45 magazine doesn't cut it.

Right now I'd get the B&T if I wanted a .45 in that genre.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one years ago,gen 1, and the only thing I didn't like was how hard the charging handle was to operate. I had the pistol version and was amazed at how accurate it was for such a short barrel, very impressive.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Okay, Okay, A discussion on the forum titled 'Taking a look at...' with no pictures??? Here is mine.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still mulling it over. my local shop just got a Hudson in also

posted Hide Post
Well, being that I have a 40 usp, and a 40 hi power, and a .357 sig hipower. I went with a 40s&w version. It should be here this coming week. We will see how it goes.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

posted Hide Post
Well, it arrived. I see what people mean by hard charging. It lessened after the first 100 rounds.

I put a sig Romeo 5 on it. both the R5 and the stock Magpul sights were 18 inches low at 25yds. I got it sighted in just fine. After that, the next 75 rounds were a breeze of plate splattering fun.

I briefly handled one of the original in 45 back when they first came out. I was not impressed with the trigger. The new mkII is a huge improvement. I would like to be rid of some of that mile-long take up though.

I have some more 40 s&w coming in over the next week or so. Along with an extended Glock mag and a couple of 30 round ETS mags. I am anxious to see how it all goes. Right now it is putting most of 10 rounds in a 1-inch group at 25 yds. So i cannot complain.

The recoil is certainly different than my sig mpx carbine in 9mm. I don't know if i would say it is more, just different. I will keep shooting it and working with it over the spring. So far so good.

The manual of arms is different but not to out of sorts. I did put a magpul foregrip on it and that has helped a bit. Out of 150 rounds of 180 grain federal Range Target Practice ammo, I had 0 failures. If I was to gripe, i would do so about this shitty Glock 40 s&W mag. 15 rounds but anything after 10 rounds is damn neer impossible. I have never owned a Glock, so this is my first experience with their mags. Now i see why people bitch and buy the mag loaders. I have never had such a disagreeable mag in HK, sig, Smith, walther, berretta, CZ etc.

Anywho, I will try and get a picture of it tomorrow. one last thing, for those that have one. Do you use oil on the super v action or a Grease? I am seriously considering swapping over to grease after the first 500 rounds.

posted Hide Post

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I going to get one but can't decide on the caliber.
I really want one in 10MM but I need another caliber like a hole in the head. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I going to get one but can't decide on the caliber.
I really want one in 10MM but I need another caliber like a hole in the head. Frown

I have 2 40 cal pistols i love. HK usp and BHP 40snw. The BHP will also have a 357 sig barrel. so, I chose 40cal. This way i can use the same mag for when i pick up a .357 sig lower.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
The Vector has quickly become my favorite shooter lately. The recoil is something that took some getting use to, but it’s easy to stay on target and follow up shots are a breeze. Mine is a Gen 2B, because I don’t mind not having a folding stock. I wouldn’t mind it, and a friend has the same gun as I with a Hera side folding adaptor. However, the added length of the adaptor when folded really only nets about a 4” savings. I’ve added an HBI RH delete, Hera VFG, MK1 rail and an MRO. The rest is mags, ammo, repeat. I’d love to get my hands on a 357 Sig lower someday!

Photos of my Gen 2B since I can’t figure out how to post Imgur photos like I did when Photobucket wasn’t a bunch of greedy pissants

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
The Vector has quickly become my favorite shooter lately. The recoil is something that took some getting use to, but it’s easy to stay on target and follow up shots are a breeze. Mine is a Gen 2B, because I don’t mind not having a folding stock. I wouldn’t mind it, and a friend has the same gun as I with a Hera side folding adaptor. However, the added length of the adaptor when folded really only nets about a 4” savings. I’ve added an HBI RH delete, Hera VFG, MK1 rail and an MRO. The rest is mags, ammo, repeat. I’d love to get my hands on a 357 Sig lower someday!

Photos of my Gen 2B since I can’t figure out how to post Imgur photos like I did when Photobucket wasn’t a bunch of greedy pissants

I like that MKI rail, Not sure i would use it though. THe gun has a bit of heft already. How do you like the MRO on it? Looking at their sight, i might pick up a couple of bolt rebuild kits, just in case.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I am digging the rail. A lot! I’m 6’3” with gorilla length arms, so at full LOP on the stock I can stretch out there and shoot more comfortably. I don’t need lights and lasers and what not on this gun because the intent is not that of SD/HD. It was for the added real estate. As for the MRO, it’s typical Trijicon. The 25mm objective has zero tunnel for me. It’s by far my favorite optic in this price range. This one I’ve had a couple years and still on the original battery since they claim 50k hours.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post