SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rifle Dynamics - who has one?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Dynamics - who has one? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
You know I have no clue if it is a gen 1 or 2.. From what i see on line it is gen 2, that being said, i don't believe much i read online.

I bought a new sig reddot, one of the new sig romeo's to replace that old piece of crap that came with the rifle. However the old sig reddot still keeps zero and working. so, the new romeo just sits in the safe.

I got that same cheapie red dot on mine and another on my Xi 762 ... I put them both on Ruger MKIII's and like yours, they're they're still going, go figure!

All I've heard about the Romeo's has been good but I still haven't picked one up. My old eyes need a bit of magnification for distance and when I saw this Leupold 1.5-4x24 on the Sample List I grabbed it, and to be honest, it's never been off 4.

If the temps are over 25 tomorrow, I may take them out, it's been a while shine I've shot any of them!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have one. An excellent rifle in some respects, but overall, over priced for what you get.

Thank you! Honest feedback from an actual owner is hard to beat. Even if it isn't all good news.

I have an AKM (WASR10/63 built on a 1980 stamped receiver) from the Cugir arsenal, and it does very nicely. I enjoy the rifle well enough, and realize it is probably the lower end of the spectrum as far as quality and components. But I wondered how it might stack up against some of the custom work being turned out by modern facilities.

From your post, it sounds like AK problems are quite universal, regardless of price. Smile

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
I have one. An excellent rifle in some respects, but overall, over priced for what you get.

Thank you! Honest feedback from an actual owner is hard to beat. Even if it isn't all good news.

I have an AKM (WASR10/63 built on a 1980 stamped receiver) from the Cugir arsenal, and it does very nicely. I enjoy the rifle well enough, and realize it is probably the lower end of the spectrum as far as quality and components. But I wondered how it might stack up against some of the custom work being turned out by modern facilities.

From your post, it sounds like AK problems are quite universal, regardless of price. Smile

I think if you like it, keep it. After all is said an done, a Uigir made rifle still works and is reasonably durable.

I also took the rifle dynamics AK down and checked. Barrel is crooked, due to a poorly installed trunion. The rear sight base is slightly tweaked to be “square” to the receiver, but this left the front sight post off center. To compensate, the front sight post was drifted noticeably to the left. I once had a WASR with canted sights, but at least they could install a barrel/trunion on straight.

I’m keeping the rifle as a hard lesson that money =/= quality in any shape or form.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back before he sold the company, he did a MAK-90 for me. Added a sufficient number of parts to allow conversion back to the way it should be - muzzle brake, folding stock, pistol grip, trigger work, etc. Dehorned, smoothed out, rear sight mod, parkerized. Excellent rifle. I added a Krebs extended safety and an Ultimac railed upper hand guard to mount an Aimpoint T-1. Everything straight.
The advantage of the MAK over others is the thicker receiver stamping. I still see originals for sale with the wood thumbhole butt stock.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an RD build - albeit from a few years back before Fuller began transitioning away from his hands on approach.

It's a 2 MOA rifle, with surplus 7.62 - and iron sights. That's better than most AR's. His iron sights are what really impressed me vs. what you traditionally see on most AK's. For the OP with the canted sight and barrel - send it back - that's not what you paid for.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post