SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    1903(a3) stripper clips, where to buy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1903(a3) stripper clips, where to buy? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Just that simple, where’s a good source for these? Don’t need a lot, would just like to have a small supply for local CMP matches.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The original 1903 stripper clips aren't very strong. They rely on small tabs on the bottom to retain the rounds, which tend to snap off with just a couple repeated uses. They were designed to be one-time-use items. They can also be tougher to find, simply due to the fact that the wear out easily.

A more robust and more readily available option is Swedish Mauser stripper clips. They function just fine in 1903s and 1917s, and hold up much better to repeated reuse. It's what I use for my USGI bolt guns.

You used to be able to get a 40 pack for like $5, just a few years ago. Nowadays, it seems like $1-$2 each is the going rate.

https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/sc-swed40.htm

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You used to be able to get a 40 pack for like $5, just a few years ago. Nowadays, it seems like $1-$2 each is the going rate.

Egads! That’s a lot of coin! I’d be willing to go halfsies with someone.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Send me an email. I have lots of them. If you cover shipping I'll send you some.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The original 1903 stripper clips aren't very strong. They rely on small tabs on the bottom to retain the rounds, which tend to snap off with just a couple repeated uses. They were designed to be one-time-use items. They can also be tougher to find, simply due to the fact that the wear out easily.

A more robust and more readily available option is Swedish Mauser stripper clips. They function just fine in 1903s and 1917s, and hold up much better to repeated reuse. It's what I use for my USGI bolt guns.

Thanks Rogue. Yeah I guess I should have said 1903 compatible clips, realizing the issue that you note with the original. I've almost bought those M96 clips several times but from everything I've read they're dang near bullet proof; as such don't know that I need 40 of them.

quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
That’s a lot of coin! I’d be willing to go halfsies with someone.

If you’re interested in half I’ll order them and split the cost with you. I'll shoot you an e-mail shortly.

quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
Send me an email. I have lots of them. If you cover shipping I'll send you some.

Very generous, I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
CleanAmmoCans.com

Stripper clips,guides,card boards inserts,bandoleers,cans & crates galore.

I can't find any stripper clips for the M1903 on that site. All I see are M16 and M14 clips.

M14 clips will retain .30-06 rounds, but the clips won't work with the M1903 or M1917.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Holy cow those Swedish clips got expensive!

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah... in just a few years.

I paid $15 total for a box of 40 just 4 years ago, and more than half of that was shipping.

posted Hide Post
Yes they have. But, they work good in ‘03’s and 03-A3’s and last forever.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post