SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA 9mm carbine case boom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA 9mm carbine case boom Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why your buffer would be an issue. The colt 9mm system is pretty much completely debugged and runs short barrel SMG's just fine for zillions of rounds. What is the problem you are having.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the reassurance.

Just noticing marks on the front of the buffer assembly (the aluminum part at the front of the buffer spring), but that may well be normal?

First one of these, so unfamiliar.

The RDB seemed very attractive for what it offers, but from what CMMG said today in their response to my first email, it's looking like my lower won't likely work.

However, a pistol might be a nice project in the future...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
My Rifle is on the way back from the Mother Ship.

Repair notes.... The firearm had the wrong disconnect spring installed which was causing the cases to blow out. Replaced with the proper disconnect spring and test fired without issue.

Hope to take it out Saturday and try it out. PSA's communication and service has been excellent.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Sounds like disconnector failure was resulting in hammer follow and causing out of battery discharges?

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear they took care of you, hopefully the problem is resolved for good!

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hopefully that will take care of the whole issue.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still don't get how the diagnosis is the cause on a blowback gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you're not building a race gun, a heavy buffer and extra power spring can only help. Keeps the bolt closed a but longer, keeps things safer and potentially cleaner in the action.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post