SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So, I put a $500 air rifle and a $1500 air rifle scope in my shopping cart, just to see how it felt
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, I put a $500 air rifle and a $1500 air rifle scope in my shopping cart, just to see how it felt Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I was looking at the 97, Diana 48 and 460, and the Air Arms under lever. I would say 50/50 hunting and target shooting. I liked that the Diana has iron sights, though I would want to mount a rear peep sight.

If you are going to do any hunting (as in actual moving/carrying through the woods or whatever) then I personally think the HW97/77 and Air Arms springers are a bit to heavy bulky for the job. I think something more akin to the HW95(that class so to speak) is a better choice. Much lighter/more nimble.

The 77/97/TX200/Pro Sport/D54 etc. are more field target / bench shooting guns. They can be shot off hand of course but you will fatigue quicker.

Just my opinion of course.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post