SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anybody have experience with a Zastava zpap m92 pistol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have experience with a Zastava zpap m92 pistol? Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
LGS has one and Im liking the feel of it.I know I have to cut the thread protector weld to add a brake or whatever which is no problem. Thoughts?

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have a M85 PV basically same but in 5.56, I love this thing. I bought it a good while ago so I have stocked up on a few of the original metal mags. I have a triangle folding stock already, just waiting to get off my butt and file for the tax stamp. Yes, the muzzle is welding on, it was no problem cutting it off.

I say go for it if it, plenty of after market parts for it. It may not be an Arsenal but mine runs like a champ.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have an M92 that I had built from a virgin parts kit way back in 2005. If the ZPaps are anything like my ex-military rifle, I'd certainly get it.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got both the M85 and M92, both are SBR'd

The M85 I drilled the rear trunion and bolted on the ACE folding mech. on with a triangle stock. That Trunion is extremely hard and went through a couple brand new bits and taps.

The M92, I had a brace on it while waiting on my F1 to come back. For the stock on it, I pulled the brace apart and got a Spike's receiver plug and modified it to lock into the brace receiver extension and tapped it to install the hinge on.

Other than it's handy, reliable, I like the sights on the anchored top rail and all things an AK should be ... what other experiences are you wondering about?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I added a brace, a muzzle booster, and a railed forearm. With a RDS it makes an impressive trunk gun.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I picked it up, looking forward to shooting it

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot a suppressed SBR version this weekend. It was a ton of fun and defensive accurate at 100 yards rapid fire. We were running supersonic ammo, so it was terribly over-gassed. Probably would have run subsonic ammo really well.

My only complaint was the trigger. The trigger slap was not pleasant. Adding an ALG trigger would likely make it about perfect.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Did you get this one OP?

I just bought one of these from Buds and it’s on the way right now. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one from Primary Arms with 1913 rear trunnion, booster and railed sight block. I have a spare TF1913 brace to put on it.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Did you get this one OP?

I just bought one of these from Buds and it’s on the way right now. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it.
Mine has black wood furniture,fixed brace and muzzle thread protector which I already removed and added a flash suppressor and added a magpul pistol grip. Have a pin retainer coming and maybe I will add an optics rail.