SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I did my part to address gun violence...(new Yugo)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I did my part to address gun violence...(new Yugo) Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted
After seeing all the protests on TV I decided that I had to do something to address gun violence and the proliferation of small arms. I went and bought a new AK. Now there will be one less evil AK to fall into the wrong hands. People who speak evil of these things are right. I just caught it in the safe handing out Marxist literature to my ARs. It appears to be building a large wall and demilitarized zone as we speak.

Actually I really did buy a Yugo N-PAP today. Local store was blowing them out for prices that made me think it was 1990 again. I wish I could still find 7.62 for $80 a case delivered...

It came with a PMAG. How are the AK PMAGS? Anyone have a reliable source of steel mags or have those all gone away? I've been out of the AK game since I sold my Maadi nearly a decade ago.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Folding stock, polymer, or the ever-popular wood?

PMAGs are fine as range mags. It's been a while since I shopped for steel mags, but AIM Surplus, AK Operators' Union, SGAmmo, APEX Gun Parts and RTG Parts are among the usual suspects.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
It came with a PMAG. How are the AK PMAGS?

The M3s are quite good, an Midway has/had them on sale for $12.99 earlier today.

Congrats on the Yugo! And post some damn pics already! Big Grin

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Polymer. I looked at the one under folder they had but the stock was a bit loose feeling already. Figured it would be a floppy mess in a couple thousand rounds. If I'd gotten the wood I'd just replace it with "nicer" wood at some point anyway. I'll run the plain, boring, black poly until I beat it up and then I'll order something a little nicer from Ironwood Designs.

Magazines, ammo, and a new recoil spring are enroute. Yes, I'm replacing a brand new recoil spring. Ran across a lot of posts that Century shipped some with under spec springs and figured it was cheap insurance to add to an existing order.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I put the Wolff +10%s in a couple of OPAPs just as a preventative and haven't seen any frightening deformation yet.

I'm not much of an underfolder guy myself, but if you decide you want an UF Yugo, keep an eye out for something designated the AB2T or something like it. Century farmed the builds out on those, and for some reason the ones I've seen (and the one I own) have consistently been very nice. The folding mechanism will definitely be good and tight unless something's horribly wrong.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post