SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Fire destroys Pac-Nor barrel plant.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire destroys Pac-Nor barrel plant. Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
It's a sad day for the shooting sports.

https://www.currypilot.com/new...10-bf18ef7660f8.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Um ....
The linked article said that the fire “erupted,” and its cause was under investigation.
Was there some other information indicating it was due to a wildfire?

My bad. Title edited.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That’s a shame, and it would be interesting to know what happened, especially what caused the “loud explosion.” I suppose the company had ammunition on hand for tests of some sort, but I wouldn’t expect that alone to cause what would be described as an explosion.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
That’s a shame, and it would be interesting to know what happened, especially what caused the “loud explosion.” I suppose the company had ammunition on hand for tests of some sort, but I wouldn’t expect that alone to cause what would be described as an explosion.

Think about it all the cutting oil mist over those years in a small space deposited on the ceiling, walls, etc. When a fire flashes over in a confined space it will make a boom.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
This is very sad to read. I feel so bad for the good people at Pac Nor. Chris and his crew were good to work with over the years. I have 3 rifles that they made the barrels for and rebarreled them. A friend had two rifles rebarreled there years ago. They always did very nice work.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sad for all involved, from reading the article I bet they won't rebuild.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
He's 66, 4-6 million in losses and it was insured. I'd retire.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Pac-Nor website has been updated to say they are rebuilding and it will take 6 months or more. They are not taking orders during that time.

I wish them well.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post