SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What distance for MP 15-22 rifle sight in?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distance for MP 15-22 rifle sight in? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I just bought a S&W 15-22 and it's is super fun. However, for the MagPul BUIS I'm wondering what distance to sight it in at. I got it roughly zeroed but I wasn't set up for a rest and the proper target so I couldn't get it fine tuned at distance.

I'm settting it up for my wife as a steel plate gun and most targets are 8" plates at 30' but I'd like a better zero than that and to hit even close to point of aim at 30' the front sight would have to be lowered a lot.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I think most .22 lr are supposed to be zeroed at 50 yards for an AR type platform.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you know the distance its going to be used at zero it at that. What's the point of something else.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I'd like a more all purpose zero is all.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post