SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My son "built" his first rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My son "built" his first rifle Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Not exactly but he didnt know the differnce.

My 7 year old been going to the range with me for a while but this was the first time he wanted to stay for more than an hour. Turned into a 3 hour trip. We typically bring his CZ 455 Scout but this time we brought my CZ 455 VPT, guess that was all it took.

On the way home he asked if he could have my 455. Told him I would think about it and oderd him a 457 Varmint Pro when I got home.

Got all the stuff gathered to finish it off about a week later and spent a Saturday getting it setup. Jsut waiting on a cheek riser to get here.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Nice setup! He looks very happy with the finished product, as he should be.

Good job WP.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I'm looking hard at the same rifle, probably going to do the same sponge camo to it (I really like the 457 with the manners stock and that paint). I just plan on sticking an Aimpoint on it for some varmint control around the house.

I've heard the 457 is a nice evolution of the CZ rimfire, should be a good shooter for him until he passes it on to his son (or buys him one so he can keep it Wink ) .

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Very nice!

I'm looking hard at the same rifle, probably going to do the same sponge camo to it (I really like the 457 with the manners stock and that paint). I just plan on sticking an Aimpoint on it for some varmint control around the house.

I've heard the 457 is a nice evolution of the CZ rimfire, should be a good shooter for him until he passes it on to his son (or buys him one so he can keep it Wink ) .

Absolutely no downsides tot he 457's. In fact, if I didnt have so many 455's Id sell them all and buy 457's.

I like the Manners too, jsut wasnt quite ready to drop the coin that one for him. Here is the 455 with the Manners.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Do you have any idea what you have done? Big Grin Trust me when I say, his interest will only get more intense as he ages. This will cost you a fortune!!! And you and he will love every minute of it. Smile My boys started the same way. Now they build and modify their own guns like pros. Thankfully at this stage in my life they do it on their own dime lol.

When I see the pics of your youngster it stings a little. Mine are all beyond those years. They will never be my little boys again. I am so glad I spent that time with them then. I envy you who still have that opportunity. Thanks for taking the time with him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! I like the fact that he was involved in it being a personalized rifle. Great job man!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice job!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a new 457 and love it, I’m planning on doing the same Warpig has done with our 8yo girl. It’s time for her to start pulling the trigger some. With my Oculus or Mask on it it won’t be so scary loud Razz

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
THIS is the problem with today's youth.....over-indulge them till they are spoiled rotten. Damn - I don't even have a suppressor - yet! Where will it end....next a custom 1911, a high end Perazzi, father-son pistol competition???
Wink Wink Wink

Good job Dad - enjoy every moment.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I have a new 457 and love it, I’m planning on doing the same Warpig has done with our 8yo girl. It’s time for her to start pulling the trigger some. With my Oculus or Mask on it it won’t be so scary loud Razz

Ordered an Oculus for this one.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Do you have any idea what you have done? Big Grin Trust me when I say, his interest will only get more intense as he ages. This will cost you a fortune!!! And you and he will love every minute of it. Smile My boys started the same way. Now they build and modify their own guns like pros. Thankfully at this stage in my life they do it on their own dime lol.

When I see the pics of your youngster it stings a little. Mine are all beyond those years. They will never be my little boys again. I am so glad I spent that time with them then. I envy you who still have that opportunity. Thanks for taking the time with him.

Agreed. Im lucky enough to only have to work a few days a week so most of the time is spent with the kids. I figure I'll ave th ret of my life to work but only a few yers with them.