SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Ruger PC 9mm carbine, are they reliable?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ruger PC 9mm carbine, are they reliable? Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Local Sportsmans Warehouse has Ruger PC 9mm carbine for $479. Are they reliable and GTG? Thinking about picking one up.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeeeeeep. Saw on gun.deals with a promo code you could get one from Brownells for $397 shipped.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Local Sportsmans Warehouse has Ruger PC 9mm carbine for $479. Are they reliable and GTG? Thinking about picking one up.

I've owned mine for about six months and it's been fun and reliable with various brands and types of 9mm Luger ammo. I put a 3-Lug attachment on the barrel for when I want to shoot suppressed. No regrets on buying the Ruger rifle, it is good to go!

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yup. Mine has been 100% with factory Glock mags, and all different kinds of ammo.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...290082534#1290082534

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
Yeeeeeep. Saw on gun.deals with a promo code you could get one from Brownells for $397 shipped.

For this price, I'd pick one up too. Says the promo code doesn't work on Ruger Firearms though.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is accuracy like?

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
What is accuracy like?

Pretty decent. Mine wears a red dot, so it's never really been tested for precision at long range, but at 25-50 yards, it's pretty deadly.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS GUN AT ALL!

At under 50 yards, only the centers of the target get shot. The rest of the target sits idly by. And my ammo reserves keep getting depleted.

This damn thing is a plague on my wallet!

(Sarcasm font turned on)!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have an old original PC-9 and it is like its pistol counterpart, the P89- boringly reliable. Not a long range rifle, but I used to have it as a trunk gun in CA. Now it just sits in the safe. But a fun little carbine.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16670 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeballing these things. Now that I'm picking up a Glock 26, I am thinking this could be a good pair. I've only read positive things about it so far. If I do, I'll probably grab a decent red dot under $200 and go kill paper and steel plates.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I just bought the keltec sub 2000 gen 2 for Glock 17 mags in Patriot Brown for $395.

My local shop also had black ones for Glock 19 mags at $379.

Just another option for you to consider.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought it on Black Friday. Like it. Going to take it to shoot as a PCC at a Steel match and have some fun. It’s plenty accurate with iron sights.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
GTG, based on our customers' feedback. Customers who have bought them have raved about it. It may not be pretty but it seems to work real good. Thinking about acquiring one myself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Just went to the range with mine yesterday. I've put several hundred rounds through it with no issues. It's a fun gun and accurate.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
It may not be pretty but it seems to work real good.

And in a world dominated by Glock pistols, one would think that that's all that matters.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I'm torn between the Ruger PC and the Beretta Storm. I like the looks of the Beretta over the Ruger, and I think both run about the same price??

I like that the magazines for the Beretta go into the grip as opposed to out front in the Ruger.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
I'm torn between the Ruger PC and the Beretta Storm. I like the looks of the Beretta over the Ruger, and I think both run about the same price??
No, around here the CX4 9mm runs half again as much as the Ruger PC 9mm.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I have a new one and it’s a keeper! Popped in the Glock mag adapter and installed a SIG Romeo 5 red dot and have several hundred rounds through it without a hiccup. Love the take-down barrel. It’s basically a beefed up 10/22.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post