SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Moving scope question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving scope question Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
If I move my scope back a couple of inches on the rail, do I need to sight it in again?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Maybe it has the exact same POI. Maybe it has changed a little. A few shots at your zero distance are worth the peace of mind.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yup

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Well, damn.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I once moved a scope a couple of slots on the Picatinny rail and it changed the POI by 2 inches at 50 yards.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Just as well I didn't move it yet then!

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
What fritz said.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post