SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Moving scope question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving scope question Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
If I move my scope back a couple of inches on the rail, do I need to sight it in again?

Posts: 1047 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Maybe it has the exact same POI. Maybe it has changed a little. A few shots at your zero distance are worth the peace of mind.

Posts: 6696 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yup

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 7766 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Well, damn.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I once moved a scope a couple of slots on the Picatinny rail and it changed the POI by 2 inches at 50 yards.

“The most common reaction to a life-or-death situation is to do nothing.”
— Amanda Ripley, The Unthinkable: who survives when disaster strikes and why (New York: Three Rivers Press, 2008)

Posts: 42844 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Just as well I didn't move it yet then!

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
What fritz said.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Posts: 1498 | Location: Lake County South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post