SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Buying AK ammo on line
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying AK ammo on line Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Locally finding a couple of boxes at y'all mart has been difficult, everything else is there but the AK ammo is being bought up post haste.

LGS ammo is a bit high for a box of 1000,

What good sources do you have, delivers on time, decent ammo, not reman, decent prices.

Спасибо!

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.targetsportsusa.co...39mm-ammo-c-108.aspx

I do not have an AK but these guys have good case prices on most ammo and free case shipping.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's always worthwhile to check to see what's at SGAmmo. http://www.sgammo.com Tio Sam's been known to special order individual lots of AK-friendly ammo in both 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, and tends to keep basic options in stock.

I'd give you Sportsman's Warehouse's link too, but the guys getting deals there always seemed to need some kind of funky membership or something to get the good deals.

Brownells', sadly, always seems to be on the high end - even when they run a sale.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
+1 for SGAmmo.

Another place to check-out is AIM Surplus. They run some pretty good ammo deals from time to time.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just buy from SGAmmo. great company, has what you want and are terrific in processing orders.
Highest recommendations.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
just buy from SGAmmo. great company, has what you want and are terrific in processing orders.
Highest recommendations.

^^^^ I’ll second that.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve always had great experiences with SGAmmo. Fair prices, fair and fast shipping, and secure packaging. They have a rather extensive variety of AK ammo.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

AK ammo is being bought up post haste.

Why?

What's going on to spook the herd? Confused

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's Wallyworld, it's summertime.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Highest recommendations.

^^^^ I’ll second that.

I agree. Great company to deal with.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I second SGAmmo. Buy a stack of the 8M3 762x39mm ammo while you still can.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

AK ammo is being bought up post haste.

Why?

What's going on to spook the herd? Confused

Locally, who knows, but the last several times I've hit y'all mart there is either one box or none.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:

+1

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+2 for SGAmmo.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:

Just bought 1000 rounds, should be here shortly..

The Constable
posted Hide Post
WOW!
But has 5.45x39 ammo gone up! Pre Obama the 1080 rd spam cans were as cheap as $40 a can in bulk. Now they are $250+

Thanks for the link, found some good prices on quite a few items I buy.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up some AK ammo online. 1000 rounds of 8M3 for $200 at sgammo.com. I’m gonna have to get more mags

And another storage can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I have a good stash of the same ammo, but wound up leaving most of it packed up in the shipping boxes and cached in a dry, safe, temperature stable area rather than putting it in ammo boxes. Unfortunately the 100-round boxes and the little plastic clips aren't horribly space-efficient. FWIW, the little 20-round boxes that other Russian ammo (such as Golden Tiger and Barnaul) usually comes in pack reasonably well but not perfectly in .30 cal-sized boxes.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The 100 round boxes are not well made, and the 20 round plastic clips only retain the rounds if held the correct way, bullets fall right out of them.

Storage in the can is fine, the cans are inexpensive enough at costco or harbor freight.

I'm thinking I'll grab another 1000 rounds, but not the 8M3, what do you all think, the Wolf is what I find locally and works well, any big difference in the Polyformance vs Laquered Steel, is the Military round better.

Some of the Options are:

Wolf Polyformace 123 Grain FMJ

Wolf Military Classic 124 Grain FMJ

Wolf Laquered Steel Case 123 grain FMJ

Golden Tiger 124 grain FMJ

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Laquered has a reputation for being more rust-resistant and (subjectively - just my vague and humble opinion) seems to feed a hair more smoothly. As for sealed primers and case mouths, there's no reason why not. You'll find old stories online about "sealant build-up" on bolts, but there just haven't been many such stories recently and (FWIW), I've never found a problem that an ordinary cleaning didn't solve for either AKs or bolt-action rifles.

I like and have stashed away Golden Tiger, but I've been perfectly happy with what SGAmmo refers to as Wolf Mil-Spec FMJ. If anything, there seem to have been marginally fewer problems with the Wolf than the Golden Tiger as reported on the internutz over the past few years. Then again I've never had a problem with multiple lots of the Golden Tiger. Having said that, I'd be perfectly happy with a stash of Wolf's Mil-Spec FMJs if I had that rather than Golden Tiger.

FWIW, the current "made by Vympel" Red Army Standard seems to be precisely the same ammo as Golden Tiger.