SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Buying AK ammo on line
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying AK ammo on line Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I’m gonna have to get more mags
Uh, yeah. I recommend 10 more, minimum.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I’m gonna have to get more mags
Uh, yeah. I recommend 10 more, minimum.

Whats the consensus on new mags, steel, pmag, looking at Sheedy Ern Ern they have several steel options, steel insert, steel lips, some asian...

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Fit can be variable regardless of the mags, since rifles from different sources can have slightly different specs and some magwells came in narrowed to meet import requirements and were "opened up" at various places here in the US.

Steel is generally a safe bet and almost inevitably cheapest. Polymer mags without steel inserts (for feed lips, really) and steel locking tabs are generally considered range mags. I usually use Yugo and Polish steel mags, so I'll have to let someone more knowledgeable than I tell you about the polymer mags for the 7.62x39 currently available on the market. I'd love to recommend Toth Tool mags, but those get made whenever Toth has a spare moment - and they don't seem to have had a spare moment in some time, now.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have 5 Pmags, they seem to work well and the one Tapco mag that came with the Rifle.

SGAmmo has Croatian Metal Mags for $12 each, Sheedy Earn Earn has Bulgarian Steel Lip mags for $10..

PSA has the 10 mag deal but it's on BO so just put my name in for a reminder when it comes up again.

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, do an online search regarding the Croatian mags before committing yourself to buy them. They aren't necessarily the cheapest options around, but the Polish and Romanian steel mags over at Apex should be pretty good, and the Hungarians might be good as well.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post