SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What do you guys think about Aero Precision complete rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you guys think about Aero Precision complete rifles? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Title says it all. What do we think about them in the terms of quality and durability?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Their small parts and BCGs leave a bit to be desired. Receivers and handguards are good, I've had to send one lower back that wouldn't drop magazines- it wasn't just a bit tight, a Gen3 pmag needed to be inserted and removed with some force. Barrels are Ballistic Advantage, as the companies are related (I can't remember who owns who). The budget BA barrels have a somewhat higher tendency for issues than the more expensive ones, but the few I've used have been serviceable. I had a friend who had to get the barrel swapped out twice because of non-concentric threads that would have potential to cause a baffle strike when suppressed.

Not bad for a budget gun, but not remarkable in any way.

Make sure you're not getting a standard E1 setup, the nose of the upper is proprietary to their handguard and can't be switched. Not that it's a terrible setup, the tube is a large OD and I believe is a common one used for tucking cans and muzzle devices under. They do make them with standard-pattern threaded uppers as well.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I am on my third Aero Precision M5 or what they call their AR10. I bought their complete lower then their complete upper and saved around $500 per rifle.

The fit between the two is a bit loose but was fixed with a gap plug.

Magazine fit was great with no rattle at all.

Trigger sucks but it is a stock mil-spec style trigger and I am used to running a JARD, CMC, or Geissele.

The bolt carrier from my Armalite and RRA would not fit. My DPMS fit but took a bit of motivation.

Accuracy on them have been outstanding, at 100 yard range I have been able to get 1/2" MOA on the 308, 1/4" MOA on 6.5 Creedmoor. Using an Atlas Bipod in the front and a Mono-pod in the rear and topped with a US Optics 3.2-17x and FGMM ammo.

Conclusion in the end I would and will buy another one.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post