SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Finished up AR Builds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished up AR Builds Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Have a M400 and purchased a sig elite upper from Ozark with the floating guard. Moved the M400 barrel and Magpul guard to the Elite Upper and visa versa so I could put the Elite floating guard on the M400. Decided to have the guard Cerakoted in FDE to match it up to the M400.

At that time dropping off the barrels at The Armory for the swap I picked up a Spikes Snowflake lower, might as well since I'll have the extra upper. PSA helped with a fathers day sale and picked up a Magpul lower kit with all the trimmings for $109 and installed it on the new combination, waiting on the PSA full auto bolt and charging handle combo which was $79 for fathers day.

So for a little over $500 with a little help from The Armory to change barrels for $35 and extra $75 for the Cerakote to Rampart Works I have two nice AR. Not bad...

End the end a simple upper changed ended up with two AR's... Go figure..

Snowflake Lower, maybe I'll form 4 and go full libtard Big Grin ....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The Armory in Oviedo? I've been in there, nice shop.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yes, of all the LGS in the area they have a flat Armorers fee of $35, almost half what other shops wanted for a minimum to move the barrels .

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Can't beat that, the Snowflake is on my shortlist.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
PSA bolt and handle arrived today, so they are done, when I bought the original bolt it didn't come with the charging handle as was offered on a deal on PSA and that deal is still going on.

On the original purchase I thought I ordered the PSA bolt with handle, along with the magpul lower kit. Apparently I clicked the wrong item and just ordered the PSA bolt without handle and the Magpull Stuff. Both were shipped within a day and arrived a few days later.

When I RMA'd the bolt so I could get the one with the charging handle (both kits same bolt same price, my error) I sent the bolt back via USPS priority mail, it was received last Friday, still don't have a credit for it, and even sent a request for update.

On the replacement order it took 7 days for them to get the order shipped, then 2 days for delivery.

Seems you can't be sure when stuff will be going out, 2 days, 7 days. Guess that's the price you pay for deals. No big issue really but odd that the same order two weeks apart takes twice the time to process before it ships.

Dang status said processing every day, it was like looking at presents under the tree and not being able to touch them!

Still don't have my credit though...

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Nice job on the color filling the unicorn, and accurately representing the color spectrum. Wink

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post