SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is the purpose of the Cammenga EASYMAG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the purpose of the Cammenga EASYMAG? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Any experience with it?

https://cammenga.com/product/m...s/30-round-easy-mag/

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
To separate those with little girly thumbs from their hard-earned dollars. Big Grin

An expensive solution in search of a problem. AR magazines are right about the easiest magazines to load.

And even if loading AR mags by hand is problematic (or you need to be able to load a large number of magazines at one time comfortably), for a little less than the price as an Easy Mag you can get a Maglula, which is usable on more than just one magazine. From there, for the same cost as any additional Easymag, you can get 2x-3x PMAGs or USGI mags, and simply reuse the same Maglula on all your mags.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
To separate those with little girly thumbs ... from their hard-earned dollars.

Yes, I sort of thought that too when I first saw the things, but it seems that they must still be loaded in the conventional manner by pushing down the ammo column for each round.
Confused

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Now I understand. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Festivus has the Airing of Grievances, Cammenga has the Airing of Cartridges.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You can make sure you have your tracers evenly spaced. Big Grin

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...and see if the boolits are all pointing the right way.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...and see if the boolits are all pointing the right way.

Oh—for HK users, then; got it.
As for airing, that’s always a good idea for many things once in a while. Wink

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say I have a lot of experience with one. While I have loaded one, I don't own any.

Pulling the front cover down basically fully depresses the follower, so you can dump rounds into the body of the magazine 2-3 at a time, or as many as you can to keep while keeping alignment.

I considered the extra articulation points in the front cover a liability and the weight of the magazine was considerable.

If there entered a contest to see how many rounds you could load in a minute, these would be strong contenders.

Otherwise, they seemed rather expensive, heavy, and provided no other advantages.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
If I wanted an easy way to load AR mags I'd get one of those happy slappy wooden things.

https://podavach.store/

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the purpose is to get people to pay 3 times the price of a good metal USGI mag.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
When I was in my 20's I worked at a very busy full auto range and I loaded more mags than China has rice, I even developed freakishly large muscles on the sides of my thumbs and wrist from hand linking so much M60 ammo. Let's just say the phrase "you got time to lean, you got time to clean" is replaced by "you got time to lean, you got time to load" at a busy full auto range rental counter.

My favorite method shown to me be one of the old crusty bastards that had been there forever was to dump a box of ammo on the carpeted loading bench, hold the mag upside down, and just push down. Like playing whack-a-mole. MP5 and AR mags will load very quickly that way, with minimal effort.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post