SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Garand trigger job?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garand trigger job? Login/Join 
Picture of barry1967
posted
Does anyone do it or know someone that does a trigger clean up job for a M1 Garand? As we know the trigger is not the greatest. I'm building a nice shooter and would love a nice trigger if possible

If so, how much to clean mine up to make a nice shooter of it?

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How handy are you?

A fellow on the CMP forum has some instructions posted here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mkg...EbuTOWg8mIaieTa?dl=0

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
http://shuffsparkerizing.com/

I sent them my trigger years ago, I was VERY pleased with the work done and the quick turn around, and reasonable cost of the work.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Member here benny6 works on M14s they share the same trigger groups..he may have some input

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I can smooth it up and take out the second stage creep. I use the same method M1garandy posted. I have the diamond files. The hammer spring makes a big difference on the trigger pull weight.

The trigger group lockup can affect the pull weight too, so although I can fine tune and smooth out a trigger on my rifle, it may have a heavier or lighter pull weight when installed on your rife.

For safety reasons, don't go lower than 4.5 pounds, or else you'll begin to have doubles.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post