SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Trigger choices for the MCX Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger choices for the MCX Question Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
So help me understand the two stage trigger from Giessele for the MCX.

I have shot hunting rifles with the two stage triggers. First pull rather bit heavy to the set then the set off pull rather really light.

The rifle manufactures usually state the pull weights like 6.5 – 2.5 lbs.

So I want to upgrade my trigger in my MCX.

I see SIG has one for it at 4.5lbs. Giessele has a two stage age 4.5lbs. What is the difference except money?

What is the advantage of the straight trigger face that is also offered by Giessele?

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the SIG trigger, but can talk about the Giessele 2 stage 4.5 lb. I own several. Typically the 1st stage take up will be 2.5 - 3 lb. The 2nd stage will be 2 - 1.5 lb for a total pull of 4.5 lb. Easy to pull the 1st stage and hold until the sight picture is just right and gently squeeze the 2nd stage and shoot. Or pull the 1st stage, decide to not shoot and simply let off the trigger and you'll be back to the 1st stage of the 2 stage trigger again. Great for hunting and target shooting. If you want to shoot fast, simply pull through the 2 stages in one smooth trigger pull, not stopping at the end of the 1st stage...easy to do, and it'll act like a 4.5 lb singe stage trigger.

Caution: Buy the 1st trigger and you'll then want one in all your AR type rifles! My 1st one is now up to about 15,000 rounds and is buttery smooth!

Posts: 137 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I dont believe Geiselle has released the trigger for the MCX yet. Their standrd AR trigger is not comaptible with the MCX. I know they are wroking on one but I dont recall if it has been released.

I use the flat face Geiselle triggers, just a prefernce I suppose.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Yes, they have.

https://geissele.com/super-mxc-ssa-trigger.html

That's new! Given that the top of hammer has an angled cut, I wonder if it works with the firing pin safety lock Sig added to the replacement carriers that they sent out.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Yes, they have.

That's new! Given that the top of hammer has an angled cut, I wonder if it works with the firing pin safety lock Sig added to the replacement carriers that they sent out.

It has got to work with the new style bolt. I called Geissele back in Feb. to inquire about a trigger assembly for the revised MCX Bolt.

Research Engineer with Geissele said they have one in the works and should be released later this year. Told me to sign up on their Web Site for product news.

They emailed me just recently with product news about this trigger assembly. I checked SIG web site and found they have one out also.

So I am trying to decide between the 4.5 lb two stage from Geissele or the 4.5 lb one from SIG.

Just trying to really understand the two stage advantage. I found a U-Tube video that compares them but states the two stage is about 2.5 lb the first half then 4.5 the second half.

I always thought the two stage, as in the accu trigger I believe it is called, gets real light after the first stage.

Can't always trust U-Tube.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 4.5 lb pull listed is the total weight. It's 2.5 lb first stage and then 2 lb second stage.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Yes, they have.

So I am trying to decide between the 4.5 lb two stage from Geissele or the 4.5 lb one from SIG.

This shoudlnt even be a question.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I just installed the Geissele Super-MCX-SSA trigger in my MCX. It replaced a Geissele SSA trigger, which worked just fine, that was in the MCX. The Geissele SSA will get put in a DDM4 ISR, when it is released from jail by ATF (hopefully, sometime before I die).

No issues between the MCX-SSA and the SIG MCX "G" firing pin safety lock on the bolt carrier which SIG changed out.

Biggest difference is the trigger bridge on the MCX-SSA. It did take a bit of wiggling around to get it seated properly in the lower.

Otherwise, it is a Geissele two stage 2.5/2 lb. SSA curved trigger, which is what I prefer.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post