SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shotgun trigger lock/security sleeve question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun trigger lock/security sleeve question Login/Join 
posted
What are the best options for transportable shotgun security that is like a trigger lock or "security sleeve" ?
Combo, RFID, or biometric greatly preferred over key.

Light weight is always a plus, but steel is acceptable.

Thanks

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the mode of transportation?

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just "generally transportable" such as in the back seat of my car.
I just don't want a sleeve intended to be bolted to a wall, although those look like they would probably work...just don't bolt it to the wall.

Just wondering if there were any well-recommended new options.
It would be on a Wnchester 1300 Defender, if that makes a difference.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

posted Hide Post
Sorry to ask so many questions. Is the purpose to safely secure the weapon while you are driving, to comply with state laws or keep your kids and others hands off the weapon? I carry my shotgun loaded but secured in the trunk, which is ok with Mississippi law. I know of others that secure their shotgun in a Pelican case with locks. Is easy access important?

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I carry my shotgun loaded but secured in the trunk, which is ok with Mississippi law.

Sidebar - is this all long guns or just shotguns? I like it!
{new MS resident}

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. You can transport a loaded weapon in your vehicle, without a CCW in fact. Your vehicle is an extension of your home. You can also have a loaded firearm in your office as long as your employer allows it. Open carry is ok, but not advised as it draws attention in some areas.

Ok for rifles and pistols as well.

Welcome to Mississippi.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is the purpose to safely secure the weapon while you are driving, to comply with state laws ...

No
quote:
...or keep your kids and others hands off the weapon?

That's it exactly. When in the home, in the car, or at a campsite. Just to keep kids and anyone else who may be "curious" from being able to activate the weapon.
Easy access would be important. Bears? Intruders?
Hence, I don't want to have to look for the key.