SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any long term thoughts on Magpul’s PMags for the CZ Scorpion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any long term thoughts on Magpul’s PMags for the CZ Scorpion? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
As detailed above, does anyone have any PMags for the Scorpion that you’ve had for a while? If so, how are they holding up, reliability, etc.?

Thanks!

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I'm interested too. I recently bought several for my CZ.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Believe these have only been out for about six months or so at this point, so don't know there's going to be much long-term feedback for a while still.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Believe these have only been out for about six months or so at this point, so don't know there's going to be much long-term feedback for a while still.

This.^^^^^^

I did have the lips crack and dump rounds with one of the CZ mags so I'm hoping that the MagPuls will end up being tougher. I imagine that they will.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard many reviews. But Magpuls got a pretty solid track record on their products.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on feedback over at arfcom, hit and miss, for the early ones at least. Some have reported feed issues, others have reported no issues.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Is there a way to tell early vs more recent manufactured mags?

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of them, but I wouldn't say any have seen extensive use. I tend to shoot the same handful of mags, but again, it's not like I've shot thousand and thousands of rounds through any one mag. I'm a fan.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Since, I'v had both the CZ Scorpion EVO and PSA AK V9, I would definitely recommend the PSA's version of the Scorpion mags.

Durable, reinforced steel feed lips. Definitely a go to mag , but unfortunately they sell out quick.

Since Magpul's version doesn't have these qualities, I would just use them for range use.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

+1 on the PSA mags.

I got my supply when they were on sale for 11 bucks or something real cheap and they are awesome mags.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I think the Scorpion specific mags are gone at PSA. IIRC, they made mags that they intended to use in both the Scorpion and their AK-V, but while the first iteration worked great in the Scorpion, there were some issues when used in the AK-V. Then PSA made a second generation that were for the AK-V, and stamped the remaining original mags as for use in the Scorpion only, not in the AK-V. They blew out the remaining stock of Scorpion mags at cheap prices and said they weren’t making any more. The new AK-V mags do work in the Scorpion, but they won’t drop free.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
yep, I was just about to say that the PSA mags won't drop free in any of my three scorpions. Mine went into the recycle bin.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've never had an issue with OEM CZ Mags (both original and the newer black / windowed 30s).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've had very little working experience with my Pmags for my AR... but I will say when I first bought two and took them out of the package what impressed me was not only the name of the manufacturer on them but there is a date and time stamp...
Seems their warranty is actually worth something.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post