SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt complete lowers from Brownells
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt complete lowers from Brownells Login/Join 
posted
Anyone buy one of the Colt lowers from Brownells? They’re on sale for $249.
There is a lot of discussion about them on another forum. The Colt roll marks have parts of the ‘o’ and/or ‘l’ missing and the serial numbers have a CR prefix instead of an LE prefix. Other than that people seem to like them for the price. I’m just curious what Sigforum thinks of them.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Pretty typical of Colt lately, function stuff but the pretty roll marks / etc are a thing of the past.

Want a shooter? Go for it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
If your thinking you are getting a "real" Colt receiver, do your homework first!

I bought a "Colt" receiver a couple years ago, looked very nice, a billet receiver and it came complete with FCG, stock and buffer. On the left side it looks just like any regular Colt, although instead of "Sporter" it says "Sporting" and above the trigger pins the normal;
Colts MFG Co LLC
Hartford Conn
-----USA-----

On the right magwell it has a big fancy C (Colt) then in smaller fancy letters SR (Sporting Rifle) and above the trigger pins it says Licensed Product of NCHC B/I TE*AS

I SBR'd it, being nieve I didn't think anything about the stuff on the right side ... Eform 1's were taking about 4-5 months at the time, mine was going past 6 so I called and emailed around 7 I finally got a call from a really helpful agent and he said my info didn't conform to what they had on file ... My serial number started with CSR15

Long story short, it isn't a true Colt but made under license of Colt ... The agent said they are the equilivant of a real Colt in every way, they're just made by someone else. Everything on the left side was what the other company purchased under license.

Lastly, it's a great receiver!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These receivers say Colt Defense Hartford, Conn-USA. Brownells confirms they aren’t Colt Expanse products.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I bought a "Colt" receiver a couple years ago, looked very nice, a billet receiver...

That is everything you needed to know right there. They're not doing any billet themselves that I have ever seen.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are back in stock guys. Just ordered me one....I will post pictures when it gets here...

https://www.brownells.com/rifl...109740.aspx?psize=96

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week they were actually $200 shipped. Picked mine up today from a local FFL (who seemed quite happy to help w/ the transfer). Mine is marked Colt M4 Carbine. Does have a "cr" serial number and was made by Cot Defense Hartford, Conn USA. The L in colt looks light but it sure seems like a great deal at 200, especially beings that a Spikes stripped will run 110 plus tax and then you need to pay for the parts kit, buffer tube kit and stock.

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neverenoughguns:
Last week they were actually $200 shipped. Picked mine up today from a local FFL (who seemed quite happy to help w/ the transfer). Mine is marked Colt M4 Carbine. Does have a "cr" serial number and was made by Cot Defense Hartford, Conn USA. The L in colt looks light but it sure seems like a great deal at 200, especially beings that a Spikes stripped will run 110 plus tax and then you need to pay for the parts kit, buffer tube kit and stock.

I ordered one too after a little more research. It’s all Colt and looks great. The left edge of the “L” in Colt in the rollmark is a little light in one spot but not bad. I’m happy with it. I need to setup a photo hosting account so I can post some pictures.

posted Hide Post
The one pictured above is not the same as the one shown in the above link.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up yesterday from my FFL. Mine too has a CR serial. I’m fine with it, everything else looks great. H marked buffer and 4 position stock. I used a $20 code and got it for $189 shipped.

Posts: 597 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
They are out of stock again but the description says:
quote:
The Colt AR-15 M4 Complete Lower Receiver is built using the same parts and the same attention to detail as the company's popular line of LE6920 AR-15 rifles.

So these are these small pin receivers?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
They are out of stock again but the description says:
quote:
The Colt AR-15 M4 Complete Lower Receiver is built using the same parts and the same attention to detail as the company's popular line of LE6920 AR-15 rifles.

So these are these small pin receivers?

Yes, small pin.

These lowers have been in and out of stock several times in the past 4 or 5 weeks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
The one pictured above is not the same as the one shown in the above link.

The one in the picture above is the Expanse rifle, not a Colt like those from Brownells.

posted Hide Post
Just picked up my lower from my FFL. Brownells provided free 2nd Day Air shipping also. Photos below....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post