SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up a second Del-Ton, overrun model...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a second Del-Ton, overrun model... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
Another impulse buy, another Del-Ton AR-15. Not this one caught my eye for the price, it had a heavy duty barrel and a key mod front guard, for just over $400. Basically, DT built some models to show case some of their products and there was an overrun. Now I have three Daniel Defense models, a SOLGW, a Colt 6920 and another DT Sport. I call my DT Sport my Sig killer as I used to take the mags out of my Sig as it jammed every damn round and my DT would shoot it without issue. Matter of fact, my newest DD, my V7SLW had a few double feeds but my DT feed the rounds no problem. So for $400 bucks, why not take a chance on another inexpensive AR but with a heavy duty barrel and decent front guard.

I put a basic Geissele in it, some magpul sights, a light, magpul hand grip and forward angled grip. That's about it for mods. I might cerakote the whole thing, depending on how it performs.

Next to my Del-Ton Sport Mod 2 with its pencil thin barrel. When it heats up, it rocks like a solid 3 or 4 MOA lol

So I love Daniel Defense but my inexpensive AR of choice seems to be the Del-ton.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
There are some amazing AR buys out there right now. Good time to be lookiing for a back up or Ranch rifle.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I've had this Del-ton for 7 yrs .
Zero issues & shoots wonderfully.
I'd have another from them.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Del-Ton is my go-to for inexpensive, works-every-time ARs. They always work for me and never break. I have many high round count classes under my belt with Del-Ton uppers on New Frontier Armory lowers.
I bet my life on them.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has a Del Ton with the pencil barrel. It is a nice rifle to shoot as it is lighter than some of my others.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Having DD and such, I was after an inexpensive AR that would be dependable. The M&P Sport was one, the Aero Precision another but my first DT was $399, this one, $459. My DT Sport Mod 2 has yet to malfunction, even with what I felt was bad ammo. It isn't the most accurate but it works.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Mine is 2 MOA with XM193

It's seen some cosmetic upgrades (rails CTR stock & KAC BUIS) but JP enhanced reliability springs & a Trigger job is all the internals I've done ($10)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post