SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "A new sniper MOS? Marines are testing a ‘proof of concept’ for scout snipers"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"A new sniper MOS? Marines are testing a ‘proof of concept’ for scout snipers" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund:

Kinda like this:

https://youtu.be/1p8O7vFovtg

Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8296 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Kinda like this:

Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
I did graduate from SOTIC some years ago.

I believe I know what SOTIC stands for, so I am curious if you used a ghillie suit during the stalking phase.

Yes, we built our own suits. I still have some materials, you know, in case I need it...

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, we built our own suits.

When was that (approximately), if I may ask?
I know someone else who constructed a ghillie suit years ago, and I am curious whether things have changed much in recent times.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I believe I know what SOTIC stands for, so I am curious if you used a ghillie suit during the stalking phase.

Yes, we built our own suits. I still have some materials, you know, in case I need it...

Is the SOTIC course still conducted at Range 37?

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is the SOTIC course still conducted at Range 37?

I want through at Curry range at Fort Devens. It was some time back...

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post